And start the drooling..........NOW!

So I've been off site for a while but I found a couple projects last night that drew me right back in.
They are two Coot Red Baron Funmobiles. Theses are in really sweet shape, I honestly think these were possibly left overs at a dealer that never had engines installed. I cant see where and engine was ever mounted to the mount plate.
Bodies are perfect not a single crack, original tires that look brand new and still the original upolstery on the seats.
These pictures kind of suck (it was last night in the pouring rain)
Trying to figure out what motor would have been in them, they were built beween 1967-69 and the red baron came with a 18.5 hp 2 cycle?? any ideas? I was thinking possibly even a sachs motor?? If anyone had one of these and know what the 18.5 motor was and could tell me I'd appreciate it. Theres a snoopy on youtube that is supposedly original and it has a 12hp tecumseh.

:laugh::laugh::doah::laugh::thumbsup:

Those vise grips been serving you well I hope!:thumbsup:

Yeah these kind of undermine my plan to get more space at my house like when I sold you the tryke. These are worse!:laugh::doah:

I think the picture is decieving, my gues is probably a 40 but once I get home here in a bit (sunny and not pissing down rain today) I'll get to take a closer look in the light at the driven. I just stuck my cell phone up next to it in the engine compartment to try and get a shot.

May not help much, but here is an old brochure I have for a Coot Industries Amphibious .....spec sheet shows an 18 hp 4 stroker Tecumseh....

(pages look better if you click on the yellow bar...)