another bump in the road DAMM !

:censure:

so i went last week to a local mini bike shop in L.A that a few people recommended,i ended up goin with a bigger rear tire and a taller sprocket.

well today i finaly got some spare time and my wife got home early and was able to watch the kid before he fell asleep, ne ways i put the bike on the crate spin the rear wheel and bamm, the rear rim or sprocket seems to be bent.

i'm debating on takin this back to the guy i got it from or go to a kart shop that repairs wheels or sprockets.

the only thing that sucks is this shop is clear across town and i have my kid all day on the days i'm off of work, and tryin to unload a mini bike with a kid in One hand and walk a mini into the shop is almost inpossible .

what do u recommend.
shall i take it back to the guy i got it from?
i'm sure he gonna try and say that its my fault and i bent it, even though i don't even have a motor in my frame.

if it ain't 1 thing its 2 others

L.B....You're going to have to test each component individually ie. rim, sprocket, tire. Take the tire and sprocket off and test the rim by spinning it on the axle to see if it spins true. Then proceed to the tire and then the sprocket. Then go get yourself a good babysitter so you can have a little time to yourself....Ogy.

Oldsalt

How much "runout" is in the assembly? The tire, if you are not going real fast [30 plus], runout will not be noticeable especially if it is right and left. Even a 1/4 inch wobble would not be noticeable. Also, the sprocket will not try to throw the chain if it's has a little wobble. If not reasonably concentric with the axle shaft there would probably be more of a problem because it can cause the drive chain to get too loose/too tight in one revolution of the sprocket. I'll guess, based on the parts I have bought, that the wobble is the worst fault. I try to keep in mind that very often we are dealing with the lowest buck parts available. Often the parts are made in a village in China and are the only new parts available at any price. Is that is the case with your wheel assembly? I would be wondering if I did take another trip accross town to get another unit if it would be any better than the one I already have.