Anybody have a pic on mounting the HRM motor plate on their DB30?

Like the title says, does anybody have a picture of the hot rod minibikes engine swap plate on their DB30 they could post? :shrug: I'd really appreciate it.

I bought one of the OldMiniBikes ones and I'm feeling like an idiot because I can't figure out exactly how it goes. :doah:

It should bolt right up to the 4 holes from the 97cc motor right? :shrug:

no....you need to drill out new mounting holes.line up the right side, drill your four holes,then bolt down,but make sure you put the engine bolts through the plate first!
the holes you drill need to be centered[if i remember correctly] so you can adjust the engine position as needed.

...It should bolt right up to the 4 holes from the 97cc motor right? :shrug:
You'd think it would - and you're not the first person to find this out the hard way. OMBW was supposed to change the description to disclose the fact that you still need to drill holes - guess they didn't get to it yet.

:no:

I don't remember exactly how the directions go, but you are supposed to push it as far forward on on the DB engine plate as you can and line it up with the left or right edge of the plate? That's where you mark/drill your holes for the square head screws you see facing down in the picture. Drill the holes where you see mine (Square head bolts) and that will be your starting point when you mount the adapter plate. Then you can see that you will have movement back towards the rear tire and left and right with the side to side (studs facing up). This picture is obviously not a DB and I had to position mine a bit differently.

Calling Brad (ProMod)

Last edited:
Okay, thanks Grant and Ole, didn't realize I had to drill new holes to use it, not a problem though. Ya Arthur, I just assumed it was a bolt on deal, but in reality, there aren't many bolt on parts that are truly bolt on. :thumbsup:

Okay, thanks Grant and Ole, didn't realize I had to drill new holes to use it, not a problem though. Ya Arthur, I just assumed it was a bolt on deal, but in reality, there aren't many bolt on parts that are truly bolt on. :thumbsup:

You would think w/ the simplicity of this that it would be made to bolt right on.

Not like this thing is made for 25 different type of minibikes. :confused:

old-timer

Scamming Member
I went through the exact same thing Clay when I got one. I thought the whole idea was not to have to drill new mounting holes :shrug: The good thing is that after being fitted you have a fully adjustable motor mount. Front to back and side to side.

Vic

That's exactly why I got it Vic, I want to get one for my other bike as well, it just makes swapping motors easier for in the future. I got it mounted now and it works, so thanks everybody for the help. :thumbsup: