Anyone ever use a rotary tool that is not a DREMEL?

need to get a new one.have not had very good luck with dremels.just don't seam to last very long.:shrug:i've went through 3 already, don't really want to buy another one.it's not the brushes not sure what going on.just wondering if anyone has had good luck with other brands

I have the 120 volt one from harbor freight. Its not as fast as the normal Dremel but for what I use it for its ok and at less then 25 bucks when on sale its worth it. My primary use is to clean off old gaskets on my Briggs Inteks- on the head ,cylinder case and crankcase cover. Harbor Freight item 68696.

I am on my third dremel in about 10 years but I seem to go through power tools quickly (drills, routers, sanders, etc) so never really thought of it as an inferior product. I like the wide variety of attachments that come with the dremel. Besides, it's another local product in this area that I tend to support.

I am on my second newer style Dremel. I use the chit out of them, so I expect it to wear out. I have an old Dremel from the 70s and it still works, just doesn't have the power of the newer ones, til they wear out. The old one is still on original brushes.....

I have one of those el-cheapo specials that you can pick up at hardware stores & the like for $10 or so. Anything that fits in the original collet (dremel bits do too) turns nice.

I've had it since I was probably 15. It's been used a lot, used hard, & it still runs.

I like Dremel brand but had a Makita 1/4" rotary tool that was a little bigger but it worked great, a thief stole it and I never replaced it. I have two Dremels now and a ton of accessories. I love my rotary tools, hard to beat their versatility.:thumbsup:

I use air for heavy work, but just today I went to tool town here in the nickle city and bought a brand new King Canada 1/8 dremel clone with the flex shaft and all the garbage in the kit for 39 dollars with tax.

This makes me happy....

Dremel would have cost near triple that and the Home despot and Lowers ( as well as Cambodian tyre, HH and every other place would have been more ).
This tool came with a 2 year warranty, but I never had trouble with King tools.

Its not the best but all it does is head work...

Just thought I would add.....

I saw this at Harbour freight and I should have bought one.
I don't know anything about it but it just looked good and would probably buy it if there was one like it in Canada just because it could be used for fine stone bench grinding and polishing.

Last edited: