Anyone interested in an old MTD Trail Flite?

I still have my old MTD Trail Flite that I cannot find bearings for. I would love to get it going, but I have kind of moved on to 3 wheelers, so I am putting it up for sale.

It is located in LaSalle, Mi. Needs wheel bearings and possibly engine work as it hasn't been started in 5 years, and may of needed work then, can't remember.

You can search here for old photos of it, but if some one shows interest I might have to dig it out and get new picstures

I will try and dig it out of the shed today, but until then here are some older pics. It looks the same, just dirtier, and the wheel/tires aren't on it but included (needs wheel bearings in the rear, front still has stock bearings in it)

I also have the plastic tank that sits in front of the seat.

It has a solar-charged led rear light on it too, but no guarantees the battery are still good.

No idea on the price, anyone have an idea of how much it is worth?

My dad told me to ask $200, but I think that is too much, so how about $150?
I think 200 is pretty fair if it ran and rode.. I thought 200 when I saw it. :shrug: You can get bearings for anything. Those parts are a little hard to find so the tank and seat are worth and stuff that is still nice are fairly valuable to someone trying make their bike right. Yours would almost be better suited for riding around every day. OR I guess you could try to restore it correct but it will cost you.

There is a kid in Texas looking for nice parts (wheels mostly) Jeeeeez man I don't know what shipping to TX would be on the bike.. And he wants like brand new parts for his that he's restoring. I am not sure great the chrome and stuff is on your wheels and all but he might be interested.. Long shot but who knows... He is one of my I-trader feedbacks, I can look and find him for ya in a minute... ( his username is MEZ)

I think I would try craigslist or the front yard with a for sale sign, chained to a tree so it doesn't get stolen..

also.... WHAT bearings exactly do you need? The wheel bearing itself or the plastic swing arm bushings? I have a nice set of hose.. I parted one out missing wheels and motor and stuff and rusted away for 100 years but still have the frame and swingarm and it's all good.

All it "really" needs is a set of wheel bearings. But if I ever found any, I would replace them in both wheels. If it never sells, it will be okay with me, because I would still like to get it going again one day. I am not a restorer, I would make it to ride. I wanted to get street tires for it and install hydraulic disk brakes, and a 200x motor. That all would make it real fun and fast.

Here are more recent pictures that I took. I really need to get up to date ones, but time is scarce.

MEZ

ur bike looks like the one i got lol i just took apart the wheels on mine but got new ones instead (old ones were rusted through). man where were u about 4 months ago haha i needed all that stuff.

would you part the bike out?

ur bike looks like the one i got lol i just took apart the wheels on mine but got new ones instead (old ones were rusted through). man where were u about 4 months ago haha i needed all that stuff.

would you part the bike out?

I have listed this bike on here since 2008. :doah:

The only parting I would do is the engine from the rest. This bike will be an easy build for someone if they can find wheel bearings.

mybiz

YOU can get bearings everywhere for your wheels. If you need help finding the right set just let us know the sizes of the bearings. You can buy a set for under $5 and be ridding one again.
OldMiniBikes.com - Discount & Replacement Mini Bike Parts

5/8" x 1-3/8" Precision Sealed Bearing SNAP RING

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/8206_bearing-01.jpg

5/8" x 1-3/8" Precision Sealed Bearing

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/8206_bearing.jpg

5/8" x 1-3/8" Precision Sealed Bearing

http://OldMiniBikes.com/images/P/8206_bearing.jpg

It is hard to find bearings with the 1.25"OD or else I would get a custom axle made to match bearing I find.

I think my only feasible option is to get different wheels

mybiz

Just go to a place like around here (BRC-BEARINGS) or your (john Deere store) or that type of business and they'll Mic your bearing and more than likely have it.:smile:
And if i get some time i will search for some this evening.:deal:

125ccCrazy

It is hard to find bearings with the 1.25"OD or else I would get a custom axle made to match bearing I find.

I think my only feasible option is to get different wheels
try here, it's in Toledo

Applied Industrial Tecnologies
6020 Benore RD
419-729-0661

If there are any bearings that size out there they will have or can get them..

I've bought several items from them including bearings that were
metric O.D with standard I.D

There in no need for me to take them some where to get "mic''

I already measured them and know the inner and outer diameter. The width is not too important.

I went to some place in Toledo back in 08 that was suppose to have a lot of bearings and they basically said good luck, you would be better off going back to the stock setup.

I then came home and searched the internet and could not find a match. That is why I gave up.

If I don't end up selling it, I will be looking for a different set of wheels and tires. I like road driving and I would want to run disk brakes. So I would try and find something with street tires and rotor mounts.

There in no need for me to take them some where to get "mic''

I already measured them and know the inner and outer diameter. The width is not too important.

I went to some place in Toledo back in 08 that was suppose to have a lot of bearings and they basically said good luck, you would be better off going back to the stock setup.

I then came home and searched the internet and could not find a match. That is why I gave up.

If I don't end up selling it, I will be looking for a different set of wheels and tires. I like road driving and I would want to run disk brakes. So I would try and find something with street tires and rotor mounts.

They are liars... a bearing is a bearing.. MTD builds every lawn mower you have ever seen in your life... But they buy bearings from whatever company will sell a semi load for 50 bucks.. There is nothing special about MTD bearings.. If ya look it should not be hard at all to replace them.. They don't build their OWN bearings.. they take 4 out of the semi trailer full of them at the end of an assembly line that got dropped off by the bearing company. :shrug:

The factory bearings were not how most people picture a bearing or like the photos posted above. The consist of an outer race that is like "half a hollow donut" that is pressed in the rim. Then you fit it with the Ball bearings, and screw the inner race on with the axle.