Anyone into street bikes?

toomanytoys

Minibikes led to dirt bikes, dirt bikes led to street bikes.

Started out at 4 with a love for 2 wheels.

I have 2 street bikes. 2019 Kawasaki 300X and a 2020 Kawasaki Z900.

Oddly enough I ride the 300X all the time and rarely take out the z900. I put 3500 miles on the 300x last season, 1500 so far this year.

The z900 still has under a 1000 miles on it and this is the second season with it. I thought I'd enjoy a higher power sport bike more than I do. You can't even use all the throttle without risking jail time.

I might sell it and buy a kawasaki versys 1000 as a long range touring bike.

20210703_090348.jpg

Picture from this mornings ride. Took it down to the local lakes dam. Sat there and relaxed on a bench for awhile and took the longest way possible home. I try to get a 3 to 4 hour adventure in on Saturday and Sunday morning if I can get out of the house without kids being awake.

chrisr

Minibikes led to dirt bikes, dirt bikes led to street bikes.

Started out at 4 with a love for 2 wheels.

I have 2 street bikes. 2019 Kawasaki 300X and a 2020 Kawasaki Z900.

Oddly enough I ride the 300X all the time and rarely take out the z900. I put 3500 miles on the 300x last season, 1500 so far this year.

The z900 still has under a 1000 miles on it and this is the second season with it. I thought I'd enjoy a higher power sport bike more than I do. You can't even use all the throttle without risking jail time.

I might sell it and buy a kawasaki versys 1000 as a long range touring bike.

View attachment 280037

Picture from this mornings ride. Took it down to the local lakes dam. Sat there and relaxed on a bench for awhile and took the longest way possible home. I try to get a 3 to 4 hour adventure in on Saturday and Sunday morning if I can get out of the house without kids being awake.
I have had several KZ900 and KZ1000s over the last 15 years and the green one was one of my last ones I had. I sold all my KZs and parts little over a year ago and bought the 2009 Harley XR1200. I had 2009 XR1200 little over 10 years ago and sold it sold so my son could take a trip to Washington D.C and get braces. I have been looking at the new KZ900s and have been tempted several times, but like you, I could easily get some serious speeding tickets with the new KZ900s.

Thanks for sharing

Attachments

I have had several KZ900 and KZ1000s over the last 15 years and the green one was one of my last ones I had. I sold all my KZs and parts little over a year ago and bought the 2009 Harley XR1200. I had 2009 XR1200 little over 10 years ago and sold it sold so my son could take a trip to Washington D.C and get braces. I have been looking at the new KZ900s and have been tempted several times, but like you, I could easily get some serious speeding tickets with the new KZ900s.

Thanks for sharing
Buy a 48. Between hand shifting and hand spark control you wont have time to speed.

Attachments

toomanytoys

I have been looking at the new KZ900s and have been tempted several times, but like you, I could easily get some serious speeding tickets with the new KZ900s.

Thanks for sharing
The xr1200 looks bad ass. I normally dislike harley anything. I'd ride that.

It's way more fun to me to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. I find myself on the interstate with the z900 running 90+ because 70mph feels so slow!

The x300 I cruise at 75mph and it feels great.

I threw the z900 on Facebook. I already have 5 people interested. That'll put 9 grand in my pocket. I'm going to look and shop around. I may go a whole different direction. I really like the Indian scouts.

Also thought about buying 2 dual sports like TW200 and getting my wife into riding.

Last edited:

mustangfrank

Can't get my picture folder open, dammit...good post, you reminded me to set aside a couple hours to clean out my dirty pilot jets and go ride.

Yamaha YZF600R...stock photo

2007-Yamaha-YZF600Ra-small.jpg

2009 Harley XR1200.
I've been working at a Harley dealership for 20 years now. The XR1200 and the new Pan America are the only 2 bikes I'd consider owning from them. I've pretty much given up street riding though. Traffic is too fucky here in the Bay Area and my wife doesn't want me doing it. I'll stick to doing stupid shit on minibikes.

I74

I've been working at a Harley dealership for 20 years now. The XR1200 and the new Pan America are the only 2 bikes I'd consider owning from them. I've pretty much given up street riding though. Traffic is too fucky here in the Bay Area and my wife doesn't want me doing it. I'll stick to doing stupid shit on minibikes.
Do you work for Dudley Perkins, Strigoi ?
I still have one of their ''old'' stick on emblems on the inside of my tool box lid,, with the rest of the ''old''- ''Cali'' - Harley stuff.
They are kind of a keep sake collage.

Still have a ''very old'' Frisco Choppers T-shirt too. :cool:

Last edited:

toomanytoys

What do you think about the new sportster S?

I'm considering that one very strongly! I really dig the look of it. Just depends on how it feels. Every harley I've ridden is so top heavy and feels awkward.

Still have my z900. Everyone wants it but no one has money.

I did end up picking up a 19 ninja 650 for a price I couldn't pass up. 1/3rd of what it would have sold for on a dealer lot used. 50 miles on it. 2500 dollars. Buddy was behind 4 payments and needed it gone. I paid the pay off to the bank and they transferred the title to me. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I really like it. More than the 900 and I can actually use its power on the street.

Last edited:

I74

What do you think about the new sportster S?

I'm considering that one very strongly! I really dig the look of it. Just depends on how it feels. Every harley I've ridden is so top heavy and feels awkward.

Still have my z900. Everyone wants it but no one has money.

I did end up picking up a 19 ninja 650 for a price I couldn't pass up. 1/3rd of what it would have sold for on a dealer lot used. 50 miles on it. 2500 dollars. Buddy was behind 4 payments and needed it gone. I paid the pay off to the bank and they transferred the title to me. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I really like it. More than the 900 and I can't actually use its power on the street.
Sportsters to me ,, always seemed top heavy, unless they are slung low in a custom chopper config. with a hardtail type frame ect.

The ''FXWG'' - Dyna Wide Glides, are my fav. ''newer'' bikes.
Balance & feel on those are pretty good, & ''I think'',, are pretty slung down.

toomanytoys

Sportsters to me ,, always seemed top heavy, unless they are slung low in a custom chopper config. with a hardtail type frame ect.

The ''FXWG'' - Dyna Wide Glides, are my fav. ''newer'' bikes.
Balance & feel on those are pretty good, & ''I think'',, are pretty slung down.
I'd like to get a cruiser bike and not a metric this time.

That top heavy feel just kills it for me. I don't notice it riding but slow speed maneuvers just feel so awkward to me!

The harley dealer told me to bring my gear up and I could test ride every bike in the show room. I might take him up on that soon.

I won't make any moves till next year. Z900 is still for sale but I don't see anyone coughing up cash any time soon.

I74

I'd like to get a cruiser bike and not a metric this time.

That top heavy feel just kills it for me. I don't notice it riding but slow speed maneuvers just feel so awkward to me!

The harley dealer told me to bring my gear up and I could test ride every bike in the show room. I might take him up on that soon.

I won't make any moves till next year. Z900 is still for sale but I don't see anyone coughing up cash any time soon.
Just for kicks,, try out a ''around 2012 -'' ''flamed'' FXWG, if they have one. ;)

I ride a 2006 SV650 naked that Ive upgraded damn near everything on and have setup with clip ons and a pretty aggressive riding position.

Before that I had a KZ750 that was heavily modified but got stolen. :(

Before that it was a suzuki GSF400 bandit (yes a 400cc bandit, it was balls out 14k redline nuts)

before that was a buell blast (first bike)

I just got into mini bikes this year, looking for something to teach my son how to ride on and ended up getting a cc100x for him and an RB200 for me.

Neck deep in upgrades for the RB right now and added training wheels to the 100.

No matter what 2 wheels it is, I cannot seem to leave them stock very long LOL.

Attachments