Anyone on here work in the Auto Insurance claims industry ?

1stlegendtx

My son was in an accident and he was ridding his Motorcycle. The wreck was the other guys fault and everyone agrees it was the other guys fault. In our state Motorcycles do not have to have insurance. At the seen of the wreck the paramedics took my son to the hospital and they did a bunch of tests and took X rays. This was about 4 months ago and the other guys insurance company wants my son to tell them how much money he needs to pay the medical bills. He said why don't you just pay the bills directly. They said they can't do it that way and he needed to tell them an amount. This seems fishy to me. I was wondering if this is the norm or if they are trying to pull something.:shrug:

Bruceo

Ok.you might have to talk to someone in claims for that..i deal with the property side of claims all the time. medical is another thing. sorry i could help.

They are trying to take you for a ride. If you give them an amount and they pay that and later there are additional cost guess who gets to pay them-YOU. Talk to your auto insurance company or get a lawyer and make them pay for it all in writting.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I hope you have medical insurance to cover his injury's, Because what you need to do is keep track of ALL the bills caused by the collision, or if you have insurance they will most likely do it for you. But don't turn in any amount unless it is the total amount once he is released completely well or rehabilitated. If he is seriously injured, you should probably seek legal counsel! This could take awhile to get settled. And don't sign any kind of release until all is said and done.

Good advice here. Many years ago, I was T boned on my bike by a car. His fault, his insurance company paid for my bike and my hospitalization. (I went thru his windshield with enough force to collapse his door frame)

When his company paid, I had to sign a waiver saying I would make no further claims. 35 years later, I am having a lot of issues from the accident to the degree that I live in constant pain, and can't do much with regards to employment. I'm fortunate that I served, so VA is taking the brunt of my disability- my service aggrivated the injuries.

But this is nothing compared to what his insurance company would have paid, had I not signed that waiver. I'm not a law suit kind of guy, but I am 90 percent disabled according to the VA. What kind of compensation would that be over a life time of missed employment, etc? A few million?

I was paid about 3 grand. A bike, a jacket, a pair of jeans and a helmet. Don't sign shit, get a lawyer.

Why would your son be so stupid and not have insurance ?

Because of him not having insurance its gonna cost thousands.

he needs to go to a doctor and have him checked out then pay a lawyer to get the insurance company to pay future medical bills.

If not they will pay the current bill and be legally done with paying any other future bills.

bandit 40

Why would your son be so stupid and not have insurance ?

Because of him not having insurance its gonna cost thousands.

he needs to go to a doctor and have him checked out then pay a lawyer to get the insurance company to pay future medical bills.

If not they will pay the current bill and be legally done with paying any other future bills.
:doah: Easy Fella :shrug:

I would opt out of the mini bike advise and do a free consultation with a attorney and provide them with all information and go from there. What our friend Dave said above is true one reason they like to deal direct is they WILL have you sign a disclosue (hold harmless), Also the insurance company does NOT want to deal with the hospital or any medical costs direct (then they assume responsibility to them) I had a similar case happen to me 25 or so years ago and it was the same deal, I have no problems from it now but they had me sign a hold harmless back then. Good Luck!! But seek some free advise from a attorney before you do anything. :thumbsup:

Good advice here. Many years ago, I was T boned on my bike by a car. His fault, his insurance company paid for my bike and my hospitalization. (I went thru his windshield with enough force to collapse his door frame)

When his company paid, I had to sign a waiver saying I would make no further claims. 35 years later, I am having a lot of issues from the accident to the degree that I live in constant pain, and can't do much with regards to employment. I'm fortunate that I served, so VA is taking the brunt of my disability- my service aggrivated the injuries.

But this is nothing compared to what his insurance company would have paid, had I not signed that waiver. I'm not a law suit kind of guy, but I am 90 percent disabled according to the VA. What kind of compensation would that be over a life time of missed employment, etc? A few million?

I was paid about 3 grand. A bike, a jacket, a pair of jeans and a helmet. Don't sign shit, get a lawyer.
Sorry about that. Truly. But the statute of limitations also applies. In Oregon it's two years for an adult. Settle your injury claim or bring suit w/in two years from the date of the accident or you're out of luck. Once you file the lawsuit it tolls the statute, but then there are time limits on proceeding w/the litigation. The statute of limitations varies by state. In California you get three years. In Washington it's only twelve months.

He should get money for pain and suffering too if you get a lawyer you could come out with 500,000 after doctor bills depends on his insurence if it was a company vehical they pay up to a million.not saying to do this but keep your son inside dont let him carry anything in because they will stalk your house and get pictures to prove hes not hurt anymore go to chirpractor every day you will get full amout insurence will pay plus money from what they own people do it everyday sit home for a year to get 100,000 and insurence does hire private investorgaters to take picture of u carrying anything outside your house just something to think about.

And another thing lawyers will pay you just to get the case i had them calling sending stuff in mail said they would loan me 20,000 but i would have had to go to chirprator every day and i wasnt ready to do that for who knows how long.