Anyone running a cam in thier hs50 from Batman??

125ccCrazy

I been looking for a steel replacement cam for my HS50 and OHH60 but havent had any success in finding any other than new and they are in the $50 and up range so I was considering getting a cam from Batman along with valve springs... I was just curious if anyone has used any of his cams and how they performed?? I was also thinking about a billet rod but according to his website and stats on the engine parts he claims the stock rod is good up to 6500 rpms which is more then I plan on running..

I was also thinking about a billet rod but according to his website and stats on the engine parts he claims the stock rod is good up to 6500 rpms which is more then I plan on running..
well i realy dont know how the stock OHH tec rod would hold up but the one in the HS 50 probably would still wouldnt be afe and if im rite dosent rupp parts sell a HI PO cam and billet rod for the 5 hp flathead tec? again i dont know about the OHH or about buying from bat man lol this is just as much half cent i can put in

125ccCrazy

well i realy dont know how the stock OHH tec rod would hold up but the one in the HS 50 probably would still wouldnt be afe and if im rite dosent rupp parts sell a HI PO cam and billet rod for the 5 hp flathead tec? again i dont know about the OHH or about buying from bat man lol this is just as much half cent i can put in
the hs50 and ohh60 share the same internal parts, rod, piston, cam, valve springs plus the flywheel and coil all interchange between the two..

I'm pretty sure that the parts from ruppparts is the same as Batman sells...

I'm not looking to build race engines out of the these two, I just want to replace the plastic cam with steel so I can run a little stiffer valve springs as the springs on the plastic cams are really light weight (tension) and for the approx price of a new stock cam I can get a mild performance cam from Batman.... Both engines are ported to help flow for the mikuni carbs I'll be running but other than that they are stock...

He does know his stuff. You may have to wait up to 6 months to get your parts, tho. No kidding. Have you talked to him at all? He's easy to get ahold of if you haven't given him any money yet. After that...FUN, FUN, FUN.

125ccCrazy

He does know his stuff. You may have to wait up to 6 months to get your parts, tho. No kidding. Have you talked to him at all? He's easy to get ahold of if you haven't given him any money yet. After that...FUN, FUN, FUN.
Yeah I talked to him a little while back, he's a talker for sure LOL... seems like an honest guy and knowledgeable on the Tecumsehs... Guess I'll have to ask if he has the stuff in stock, hopefully he won't drag his feet on getting it out..