Anyone selling a trike within 3 hours of Boston?

I'm looking for another project. I Love my T-555 the best. It is more fun than my ALSPORT RTS. I sold my Gold Dunecycle because it was just too small for me.Not that the T-555 isnt but with the flat seat I can get nice and low on the corners :smile: I would love another T-555 BUT will definitely consider everything... I don't care how much work it needs.... I will be posting some videos on YOUTUBE as soon as I take them. Nothing says YOUTUBE sensation more than a 325 pound guy beating the snot out of a 35 year old trike... :bowdown: Randy

I say build a bigger trike and up the HP a bunch that will get your attention. To me the Tri-Sport with the steering with the handle bars and your feet and some great power just packs all the ( Thrill on Three ) a man could want. Hot and nasty low to the ground action just nails it. Steve :scooter:

I just don't like the way the Alsport turns... With the single brake on the jackshaft it just skids...I like the dual brake type set up on the smaller T-555... I can really get down on the turns..... I might move the back of the T-555 seat back a little on the frame and try that...

On one Tri-Sport I had it came with 3 brakes and a 390CC engine and with one on each axle and a real stopper on the jack shaft. I blew a chain doing 60 MPH and that trike rolled for 3 blocks over the top of the freeway and into the residential neighborhood. I now never use band brakes for anything I use dual Hydraulic disc brakes sure spike the cost but get the job done. I use Martin go kart brakes and good drilled disc on strong hubs. BMI has good prices on Martin brakes.
Steve :scooter:

Gumpit . . .

I am going to look at a bunch of stuff today. The seller told me he has tons of mini and kart frames and a trike with a Briggs on the back. I am probably just outside the three hours but I'll snap some pics for you. I am just getting into the mini's so don't know much about them. Any specifics I should ask the seller?

Ask for a buy the pound price first. That sets the valuation in the right prospective. Some times it works some time it pi$$e$ them off. As for the trike the Briggs was a very common motor used on a lot of trikes. Good luck Steve :scooter:

I'm going to Carlisle Pa in a month or 2. Getting a bike from Wayne and Randy. I could probably bring something back for you. I live less than an hr from Natick.

Whew . . the guy had a lot of stuff. Mostly 2 cycle bikes. He did have few mini frames. One was redone and partly chopped. It was nicely painted, had a motor and clutch, wouldn't have been too hard to finish. He wanted 80. He had a Kart frame that had some re-welds on it so wasn't interested. There was another mini frame, perhaps a HAP that was rough but useable. He wanted 30 for it. It had the rear wheel on it and thats it. It was locked up and the bars wouldn't turn either. I am looking at a complete mini for 40 tomorrow so didn't seem like too good a deal.

The trike was sitting under a fiberglass box. The front was under a picnic table and there was no getting to it. I had him hold up the fiberglass box so I could shoot this pic. Not sure you can tell too much from it other than the Briggs is on it and it has a glass body. He also has two more of these glass bodies sitting on top of a van.

The piece I was most interested in is a Rokon. It was a one wheel drive unit. He also has a two wheel drive version. Both were pretty nice.

I attached the pic of the bike. If you think you want more info I will have him dig it out. I have no clue what it was. He said he wasn't sure either but could be an All Sport if he had to guess.

It looks like a Alsport TS series and what looks like a big Tecumseh engine with a engine mounted tank. Being partly buried may have been good.
The Rokon's are a fun ride the one wheel drive 140 is one I have never rode.
Steve :scooter:

Yes it is in Noxen. I don't know if it is complete or not. He said it is all there. The front of the bike was buried under stuff. The sun was going down on us and I was in a hunt for a gas tank for the kart I am doing. I believe, and I don't like to quote others prices, that he was asking 80 for it. That is based on a range he gave me for other stuff I was looking at however I didn't mention trikes so not sure if that was in that range or not.

Got to be the same guy I bought my El Burro Torque 5 from a few yrs ago. I never went there. I had it delivered but he sent me pics of his place and it looked like he had 100 bikes in all different conditions. His prices were good too.

YUP . . .Thats the guy. It's really off the beaten path. He is only about 20 minutes from me but the last 5 miles is dirt road. There is only one other property between the paved road and his. I heard Banjo's in my head the whole time I was there but he was a good dude.

If you can find out what he wants for it.I might have to take a trip to PA... Seems like there are more trikes in that area than here... I may be up for a road trip next weekend depending on what I can find between now and then... I only have a small Toyota Tacoma but I'M NOT afraid to stack them....lol Randy

Gumpit . . .

I placed a call to get more pics and left a message that there was interest in the trike. If he sends pics and I'll post them here. If you want to meet with him to do a deal this weekend then I would just put you guys in touch with each other.