Arco Easy Rider pit/drag bike

I just got this bike Monday and I already had to tear it down and fix it up.

When I got it the original tec was on it but did not run. The mag coil came loose from the steel core and the flywheel ate it. Also the Carb was missing.

View attachment 50173

The previous owner gave me a brand new in the box predator 212 and it wasn't long before that got installed.

View attachment 50174

The engine fit right on with no redrilling of the engine plate.

After a couple times of riding it I realized that a scrub brake is really hard to use if you are 6' 4", and that the 212 was really close to the rear tire. I then started tearing it down, I cut off the scrub brake and cut out the engine plate. I moved the engine plate forward lane re-welded it. I needed better brakes so I ordered a mechanical brake caliper and made a mount for it. Here is the bike at the moment; I still need to permanently weld the caliper bracket on and make a cable bracket.
View attachment 50175
View attachment 50176
View attachment 50177

My next plans are to install a spring chain tensioner, fold up foot pegs midway back, fit 15" tall tires, and strip/paint frame orange.

The engine remains stock for now but a header/filter are in the works. Billet rod/flywheel come next, then the gx160 head. Probably fit a mikuni later on too.

I'm building this bike to take to car shows, drag races, and other motorsport events for transportation and entertainment.

Sounds like it'll be a good little rider....whats your gearing?

Good to see another ohio bldr, welcome! Lots of Arco's in this area, Ive got one in the kitchen!:laugh:

Sounds like it'll be a good little rider....whats your gearing?

Good to see another ohio bldr, welcome! Lots of Arco's in this area, Ive got one in the kitchen!:laugh:
To be honest, Ive never counted teeth. I know with the predator stock it wants to pull the front even with my 280lb butt on it. It doesn't want to pull hills though. Ive thought about a jack shaft but Id rather run a TAV. I will build it for now with a long chain and a tensioner and then add the TAV later.

I finished welding the brake caliper set up and I was greatly dissapointed. I read on here that the cable calipers weren't that great but I figured since it came stock on so many like that it would be fine. Well after getting it all welded up and adjusted I can still make the rear wheel spin, that's even with the brake lever flexing so far it hits the handlebar.

You can see in the one pic that I made a new lever for the caliper and even added a 1/2 in of lever ratio to help but apparently it didnt. Maybe once I get the rust knocked off the sprocket it will be fine.

I did order this setup, If it doesn't stop me then I don't know what to do.
Left Hydraulic Brake Cylinder Caliper w Disc Pads 70cc 125cc ATV Quad 51"Length | eBay

still would like to use it on the sprocket, thats the only part I dont know about.

I haven't done much. Finished the caliper mount, made a cable mount and put the engine back on. I took it for a couple mile ride and it did great. Pulls hills pretty well as long as the clutch is fully engaged. Brakes still suck with the cable setup. Waiting on the hydraulic setup so I can finish Fab work and strip/paint frame.

I did puncture the front tire pretty bad, no idea how.

Started cleaning and painting.

Front wheel got wire brushed then painted with hammered black. I figured the rim was pitted pretty bad so the hammered paint would blend it in.
View attachment 50448

I stripped all the paint from the front forks with paint stripper then wire brushed the after. I did the front fender and mount too.
View attachment 50449

There was a good amount of chrome left on the springs, steel wool brought it out to shine.
View attachment 50450

Still waiting for the hydraulic brake, they sent the wrong one. Once I get that and Fab it up then I get to strip and paint the frame.

Still need to get some tires, probably snow hogs. The seat needs to go, and I have some fold up foot pegs to put on.

Got the right brake this time. Fabbed up a mount for it and no problem stopping now. Just have to cut the top of the bracket parallel to the bottom tube and add some reinforcement to the bottom. Weld came out ugly but I was filling a gap in a vertical up weld. I'll grind it down and weld the back side cleaner.

View attachment 50758

EBay, its for the Chinese ATVs. Just search 125cc ATV brake rear. Don't buy from Ophir4u, I got the wrong one, then this one is right but it was leaking and the light switch was broken.