ARCO - Saved From The Storm

1stBxMopar

I had a little free time last night so I decided to take a ride over to a friends back yard garage/shop, to check on the progress of a car he's restoring, maybe have an adult beverage and talk shop. When I pulled in the driveway I immediately noticed this old Alexander Reynolds mini bike outside among the piles of scrap parts, engine blocks, hoods, fenders, doors, etc... I knew he had this old bike buried in the shop, but when he heard about the storm coming and decided to dig out his snowblower the mini bike was in the way and got tossed out in the cold. I also knew the bike would never be brought back inside and would just be left out in the elements. So after we talked shop about the car, I mentioned the bike and that leaving it out there was like leaving one of the old cars in the elements to rot away. He agreed and a deal was struck, so the bike came home with me.
I'll just put it down the basement for now till I have time for it.
I hope it gets along with the Cheeftah's and Cat's...This Arco is like a red headed step child at my house...:laugh:

That is a nice little bike...tecumseh motor from that era...maybe original, has a neat looking kill switch and all.

I think you'll enjoy that bike.

My daughters pepto-bismol pink arco with the 2.5 greyhound motor is one of the best street riding rigid frame mini bikes that I have.

Enjoy it !

Last edited:
^^^^^^^Thanks Robert, it might be a little too small for me, but once I clean it up and go thru it, I'm sure the kids will put some miles on it..

When I got my first ARCO I didn't care much for them. Now it's probably at the top of my list of favorites. It's been with me at Windber every year except last. Enjoy and if you need any help just ask. I have a twin to yours as well.

When I got my first ARCO I didn't care much for them. Now it's probably at the top of my list of favorites. It's been with me at Windber every year except last. Enjoy and if you need any help just ask. I have a twin to yours as well.
Hope the Jersey kid gets along with your New Yorkers.
I know the Cat from Cali gets along with everyone... lol.
Nice find Danny! Looks nice and straight and in good shape. You make that into a gem no doubt
Thanks Ajax, appreciate the offer....

Charlie, so far so good, they're all getting along....:laugh:

Ray, it is real straight, that's what I liked about it. Also, I really don't care for scrub brake bikes, and this little arco has the caliper brake, so that I really liked.. As far as going thru it and cleaning it up, it's gonna have to wait it's turn..............