Arctic Cat 1971 Headlight switch

This is the only pic I can find and I'm having trouble posting it. Here is the link to the pic
And if anybody knows of a place I can mail the rear springs from the sebac shocks to get chromed and a price that would be awesome.

This is the only pic I can find and I'm having trouble posting it. Here is the link to the pic
And if anybody knows of a place I can mail the rear springs from the sebac shocks to get chromed and a price that would be awesome.
I have 3 chrome switches, but not for sale at this time, sorry. They were sometimes used on other models than just the Screamer, but extremely rare. It seems to me I saw one once on a site for sale. I'll try and find it.

As for spring chrome, good luck. I'd be curious if you find an affordable place. I don't recall exactly, but my chrome guy wanted at least $30 each and another $15 per cup. If you've got the larger diameter model of Sebacs, you can use the commonly available Ruttman /Arctic front end replacement springs. They aren't progressive or as thick as the original, but for $15 a set, a bargain. They work for the front forks as well and those weren't progressive, so they're a near perfect match.

Last edited:
The first one I got came on a 71 Prowler survivor. 71 Climbers had them too I believe, but I'd have to check the literature photos. They stopped using them mid 71 and switched to a momentary contact style. The chrome switch is cool, but it is frustrating if you forget to turn it on, or worse yet, bump it when you're riding and kill the engine. That probably factored in to the replacement, and cost savings too.

Don't get me wrong, Bob's a great guy and I've bought from him for years, but it depends what you're buying from him as to whether or not you're over paying. It pays to shop around.

And you'll pay a fortune...
Not necessarily. We have bought a number of items from him at a very reasonable price. It gives the OP another potential source for their part. Besides, "pay a fortune" is subjective and will vary (sometimes significantly) from individual to individual, as I have seen on this forum.
Michael