At what point should chromoly push rods be installed?

Like the title says, at what point should chromoly push rods be installed? I am building up a gx200 clone, I'm removing the gov., billet fylwheel, billet con. rod, 18lbs springs, dyno cam .275 lift .236 duration, CNC bored box stock carb, and a header.

I have heard of the push rods breaking, but when should they be upgraded? will I be okay with the mods I have? :shrug:

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
When you start hearing them go "Boing" usually around six grand. It's kind of faint so you have to listen real closely!

Neck

Growing up is optional
Chrome molly pushrods are always a good idea in a high revving engine. it takes some strain off the rest of the valve train because they are lighter, and they have less tendency to deflect under load.

Okay I'll have to get some. Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

I was looking at OldMiniBikes Warehouse and the ones they had were a ARC do it yourself kit, how does that work I'm not really sure?

Neck

Growing up is optional
Different valve train parts require different length pushrods to get the proper geometry in relation to rocker arm travel across the tip of the valve. Once you have determined the correct push rod length, usually with an adjustable "test pushrod", you cut these to your custom length and press the ends on.

Clayton, I am putting in the Moly pushrods before I even start it. They are sitting just to the left of this laptop as I type.

I am not even going to take a chance on my stockers, even if they are genuine Honda.

Pushrods are cheap compared to some of the parts we buy.

I was joking about the "Boing" Clay!:laugh:
:laugh: You were going to have me looking like an idiot with my hear to the vavle cover trying to see if I could hear a "Boing".

But like Don said, I think I'll just get a set of them and put them in just to be safe and so I don't have to do it later on. Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Honestly Clay, your cam is really not that radical, so you probably won't be spinning real high RPM's. If your current rods function correctly, run em. Spend your bucks for more important stuff.

Okay, I'll do that Rocco, I'm also looking at getting a Black Mamba cam from Isky after I sell a couple lawn aerators I did the motors on. So for that cam I would still probably want the 26lbs springs?