Atlas in Missouri

Well her she is....the object of my affection....for now

Looking at photos It looks to be a MB3000 but the tab reads MB1000A

The rear pegs are not original but luckly they were welded on and not bolted...so they will be coming off.

Nice pics.. I thought maybe you where going to use the trolling motor thats in the background. Your work area is way to clean, that needs to change.:scooter:

Yea, everone gives me shit about that....

The trolling motor is a 1973 cruise n carry that I saved from a recycle bin...talk about hard to get parts for...

Nice project! Yeah, your work area is way too organized. Mine looks like a bomb went off in it, crap everywhere. My wife says I need to clean it up a little, but then I wouldn't be able to hunt for stuff.:lol:

Nice mini project, looks like fun. Nice shop I have been trying to work is a shop about that size but I have to park my Roadstar in the same place so I have to move the big bike to get the little one out. Have fun.

ps I am hoping to move to Missouri soon.

Poorboy,:thumbsup: I have ten acres in south western MO, in a small town about an hour from Springfield. If everything goes well we might be able to move this year. Where do you live?

Well she's alive....runs strong and is mechanically sound with the exception of the rear sprocket...I've got to get it spaced out about a 1/8 of an inch. The band brake from Allied works really well....

The seat does hurt your ass though

Thats great man. I'm glad you got it going.:thumbsup: Are you happy with the seat? Or are you going to change it? Hey, it's your bike.....:wink: If you leave it like that I "wood" at least stain it. You could have a logger theme bike, the AXlas.....
Randy:scooter:

Nice Randy.....but yea my daughter rode it last night and she loves it....took her a little while to get used to it.

It was hesitating under full throttle so I backed the mixture screw out 1/2 turn and wow....what a difference. I thought it was the governer acting up but the 3hp runs like a raped ape.

The 72 tooth rear sprocket can be challenging at times with ground clearance but it's all good. wish there was a taller tire for a 5inch rim.

The band brake is awsome....plain and simple....and will stop you on a dime...as long as the chain doesn't break:thefinger:

The only part that scares me a little is the foot pegs if the bike would get turned over....Man they're like spears....anyone have any ideas how to make them more blunt?

I was thinking about drilling out a couple of "8" balls and epoxy'in them on the ends???

The only part that scares me a little is the foot pegs if the bike would get turned over....Man they're like spears....anyone have any ideas how to make them more blunt?

I was thinking about drilling out a couple of "8" balls and epoxy'in them on the ends???

Yes, I know what you mean. Thats why the later bikes had folding pegs. For that or if you hit a rock, and just getting the bike into a smaller space, like a car. I'm building a bike presently with solid pegs just because I got lazy. The little Indian's had a heavy rubber cap on the end, you could pick something like that up at a hardware store. It's like you would see on the foot of a banquet table or bar stool.

Randy:scooter: