attaching a cylindrical gas tank on Bonanza chopper

I'm wondering if any of you Bonanza chopper owners out there can point me to the metal bands that are typically used to attach a cylindrical gas tank to the hanger on a Bonanza chopper frame?

-j

There just your standard metal hose clamps you can get them at most auto supply stores.\
You will need 2 of them. I also use a strip of thin rubber material that I place between the tank and the frame bracket for mounting the tank as protection and it help to prevent the tank from getting crunched while tightening.

Was original a chromed steel tank?

Those CR500 tanks are very hard to find, but look awesome. I'd get a reproduction one except those are too expensive. Were the originals chrome over a 4" x 7" inch tank? Any other sources for a nice aluminum tank that size???

When tightening the hose clamps,keep the screw part of the clamp on the bracket part of the frame. If the screw part of the clamp is on the gas tank,it will leave little dents in the tank.

Yeah BAB,I learned the hard way. The first one I mounted, I put the screw part of the clamp on the bottom of the tank and BINGO! two dents in the bottom of the tank ! The rubber is a good idea too ! :thumbsup:

gas tank mount

I'm wondering if any of you Bonanza chopper owners out there can point me to the metal bands that are typically used to attach a cylindrical gas tank to the hanger on a Bonanza chopper frame?

-j
the original chrome tanks are $199 I just bought I used two hose clamps and there is a peice of light hanger at hardware stored shaped exactly what it takes to bolt it on, Its goes across an inch and a 1/4 up and over about an inch and down and over an inch and a half. I had one in my celler cou'ld not find but the nearest hardware store had one remeber this is made for a light I explained to the guy what it looked like and he took me righ to it there is a hole in the center just put a bolt and washer through it. slap the clamps on and it works fine use rubber if you plan on dropping four bike. I don't philipyelito@yahoo.com