axle and bearing options

Hello from a brand new guy. Im searching for options for a rear axle and bearings. I found an old riding mower wheel and tire that fits on a keyed shaft. has anyone ever used a live rear axle on their mini and could i build one similar to the jackshaft design? thanks

You can run a live axle with no problems,as long as you have space on each side of the wheel in the frame. You can find disc brake rotors with keyed hubs, and also the rear sprockets. It would take a wide rear frame section if you want to run a disc brake though.

Thanks for the reply. I did find several posts from minidragbike about live type axles with a search. I intend on findining my axle, sprocket, bearings, bushings and spacers then build the frame to fit. I have been looking through the posts for a few weeks and have enjoyed everyones work. I am anxious to get my project going. this is a motivating site.

Many places sell kits that include the bearings, flanges and hangers.

Similiar to the following:
http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=949408&cat=1&itemid=711&&thumbval=thumb&showFullImage=

Then you just need an axle, sprocket, sprocket hub, and if your going to run a brake you have some options there. Just cut the axle to length and presto, live axle. The bearings usually have 2 set screws already so you do not need lock collars for that purpose.

You also shouldn't need any spacers, at least my hubs are keyed and have multiple set screws.