bad ass clinton motor kit for sale on ebay

125ccCrazy

That thing has been for sale off and on for the last couple of years in the detroit area on craigslist. At one time I think he was asking $400 or $500 for it.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/2300-clinton-nos-do-yourself-kit.html
I was thinking I seen one on CL also in Mich....I belive your right about $400, that sounds about right...I knew it was more that what I was willing to spend just for a display as it would almost be a shame to use it at that price unless it was the final piece to a correct resoration on something..

This is a collector piece and should not be assembled or used.

Look around you and what do you see?
So many things we had once are gone, the kinds of things I mean are heritage items. How many fathers and sons build stuff anymore and share the kinds of skills needed to actualy make things? This particular kit is something Clinton came up with as a marketing gimmic to get fathers and sons playing with engines for mini bikes but more importantly its a piece of Americana that we will never see again in a world of disposable products and plastic parts.....

Most Clintons BTW were not real good engines but the intent of this kit was to engrain the engines on a generation of fathers and sons. Make them familiar with the product the saem way you think Coke when thirsty or picture John Deer tractors with corn fieldss.

Buy a Clinton at a yard sale if you need one.
Buy this kit for display purposes, preferably give it to a local museum. The small kind, with gas powered washing machines, wick lamps and displays of WW1 trophies. They will take and preserve these things so on that black day when our kids speak Chinese, Hindi, and Portuguese we can still see what it meant to be Canadian or American when we were the masters ion our own homes.

End Rant......
And I love the quirky Clinton.

Pointless Rant man, I dont think anyone said anything about tearing this open and assembling it. We all agree about great americana, why else would we be restoring these minis?

This is a collector piece and should not be assembled or used.

Look around you and what do you see?
So many things we had once are gone, the kinds of things I mean are heritage items. How many fathers and sons build stuff anymore and share the kinds of skills needed to actualy make things? This particular kit is something Clinton came up with as a marketing gimmic to get fathers and sons playing with engines for mini bikes but more importantly its a piece of Americana that we will never see again in a world of disposable products and plastic parts.....

Most Clintons BTW were not real good engines but the intent of this kit was to engrain the engines on a generation of fathers and sons. Make them familiar with the product the saem way you think Coke when thirsty or picture John Deer tractors with corn fieldss.

Buy a Clinton at a yard sale if you need one.
Buy this kit for display purposes, preferably give it to a local museum. The small kind, with gas powered washing machines, wick lamps and displays of WW1 trophies. They will take and preserve these things so on that black day when our kids speak Chinese, Hindi, and Portuguese we can still see what it meant to be Canadian or American when we were the masters ion our own homes.

End Rant......
And I love the quirky Clinton.

I go to engine shows and see less and less every year.

Old guys die and the wives call the scrap man.....

On the upside in the USA there are still a lot of collectors, but here in Canada there are not. Our engines up here are rare and as much as I hate to see them leave I welcome US collectors who save them from the scrap man.

Too often another disturbing trend is happening. People buy things and modify them to increase the value. Too many things that never were are being passed off as orginal engines and tractors made in Canada ( and I assume the USA ).
We need to stop this and save what we have or our kids will be poorer for it.

Not quite done ranting...............................
Arrow K series is a cheap shit ass Indian engine based on the Petter Ph series.
http://www.arrowengine.com/products/Single_Cylinder/K_Series.php
Wear them out and they are junk.
Tinker with one, add some scarce OEM Lister /Petter parts and you can fake a PH1 diesel. I've seen it, sold for big money and buyer beware you just got screwed out of big bucks for a worn out oil field engine....

Pointless rant ended....

Last edited: