Baha warrior/Comet torq verter install.

Hi, I'm a newbee on this site and have a question about which Comet torq a verter will work on my Baha Warrior and or my Hawg Ty a varient of the Baha somewhat. The Baha has the Honda 5.5 clone and the Hawg has the real 5hp Honda. Thanks.

joekd

TAV30 with stamped plate, 3/4" drive and 40/41 tooth bolts right up

Cast plate also works but you need to modify (cut/grind) it first to fit

If you can't find the TAV30, the GTC TC2 #1002 is the replacement for it, it's also 3/4" drive and 40/41 chain, with all the right bolt holes.

butch63

do you want to get rid of the stock inner chain guard with jackshaft & front chain tensioner? i'm looking for one for grandsons hawg ty

JoePapa

In case you're going forward with the Comet TAV2, here's a good video of what's needed.

Baja Warrior Mini Bike Clutch To Torque Converter Conversion - YouTube

If you got the Predator, you may have to do a few more things. I just did this and had to actually grind on three fins as well as the back oil cap. I ground the oil filler cap flush - it flairs out a little so I ground off the flair so that when the backing plate is in place, it doesn't touch. The GTC may fit better since it's got a steel backing plate. http://gokartsusa.com/Comet-TAV2-GTC-Torque-Converter-Predator.aspx appears to be made for a predator but I don't have any experience with it.