Baja 200 what volt ?

It's more or less a 12 volt system, but it's AC not DC. Also, if I remember correctly, the lighting coils only put out 35 Watts, which is what the stock headlight uses. Adding a tail light will mean you need more power. I'm in the process of adding a regulator/rectifier and 12v 4AH Gel battery to mine. That way the coils in the motor will charge the battery while the lights are off and the battery will provide a steady DC current to keep all my lights nice and bright no matter how low my RPMs are..:thumbsup:

It's more or less a 12 volt system, but it's AC not DC. Also, if I remember correctly, the lighting coils only put out 35 Watts, which is what the stock headlight uses. Adding a tail light will mean you need more power. I'm in the process of adding a regulator/rectifier and 12v 4AH Gel battery to mine. That way the coils in the motor will charge the battery while the lights are off and the battery will provide a steady DC current to keep all my lights nice and bright no matter how low my RPMs are..:thumbsup:
I'm wanting to do this mod as well.
But in the mean time, I tapped in at the headlight and ran a wire to the fender, and installed a multi led car brake/blinker lamp. It works just fine.
But it does fluctuate just like the headlight.

Last edited:

MB165

hey guys, how many coils are under the flywheel? can you get a photo? could be possible if theres enough room, to rewind them for more output. the manufacturers always spec the output, 35watts in this case at a midrange-high rpm.

LED taillight

I'm wanting to do this mod as well.
But in the mean time, I tapped in at the headlight and ran a wire to the fender, and installed a multi led car brake/blinker lamp. It works just fine.
But it does fluctuate just like the headlight.
I ordered an LED light thinking it would use very little AC power, glad it worked for you. Add a pic if you can and I'll post one when mine is complete. I'm mounting mine under the shortened rear fender, curved with that shape.

I've since changed thing up a little.
I took a spare cordless drill charger and removed the guts. I mounted it in my basket, and wired it to the lights and switch.
So for now I take an 18V battery and just plug it in for hours of steady light when I need it, which is rare.

MB165, you can go the the OldMiniBikes warehouse and look under the mb200/warrior link and there you'll find a picture of the coils.