baja dirtbug 97cc motor blow video

:no:I thought Vette66__00 told this dude not to post this sensless display of idiocy again! Wow! English must be a second langauge for this dude!:thumbdown: I think we all saw the stupidity it had to take to blow up an engine that clearly had value, it almost reminds me of the dummies that rode the DB up to the creek and let it fly and crash! Newsflash cat123456789101 this aint youtube and few here are impressed! Are you not getting enough attention at home, we're sorry for that, truly but this seems like a cry for help! If you were my kid your DB would be on CL for pennies on the dollar!

vette66_00

OK, one post is ok. When it becomes 2, 3, or even 4 its not ok. The video is about what most of us would like to do with those little motors anyway.

OK, one post is ok. When it becomes 2, 3, or even 4 its not ok. The video is about what most of us would like to do with those little motors anyway.
If you dont have issue with the kid I dont either, I was under the impression he had been warned not to post it again at all! It appeared he took an end run around back on the site, as his posts are only at 2 as of this reply, before he was up to several posts I do beleive! You are the boss, and while I dont like to see senseless destruction of an engine that I agree is not a very desireable engine but they will carry a kid and there is a market for them in decent running condition, it is his and he can do with it what he wants so I'm out on this one as well! I have said my piece, and I hope the dude can find a better outlet! He has a cool little DB he should make more videos of riding the hell out of it up there in the great white north!

Last edited:

98cc

I'm lovin' my little 97cc engines. Perfect for my 8 year old's DB. My 97cc DB is equiped with an 11 tooth creeper gear on the PMR jackshaft. I'll post when the engines die of natural causes. In the mean time I'll have to keep an eye out for gas edgers on CL...

more videos

if you dont have issue with the kid i dont either, i was under the impression he had been warned not to post it again at all! It appeared he took an end run around back on the site, as his posts are only at 2 as of this reply, before he was up to several posts i do beleive! You are the boss, and while i dont like to see senseless destruction of an engine that i agree is not a very desireable engine but they will carry a kid and there is a market for them in decent running condition, it is his and he can do with it what he wants so i'm out on this one as well! I have said my piece, and i hope the dude can find a better outlet! He has a cool little db he should make more videos of riding the hell out of it up there in the great white north!
hey i will have more db videos with a better quality camera soon so all can see my set up

I'm lovin' my little 97cc engines. Perfect for my 8 year old's DB. My 97cc DB is equiped with an 11 tooth creeper gear on the PMR jackshaft. I'll post when the engines die of natural causes. In the mean time I'll have to keep an eye out for gas edgers on CL...
I just got a sweet 3.5 briggs on a trim rite edger at a pawn shop for $70, at the same shop there is a blower (insulation I think) with a even nicer 3.5 with bolts on the pto side for $99! The blower just came off pawn, and I'll be putting it in layaway till I can make sure my crew is paid! I will be using a 2.8 from one of my DBs on the edger and selling it for the $70 to recoup my $! Not blowing it up! Again though if someone wants to blow one up, while stupid IMO it is thier engine to do with what they please! But it aint cool with me to disrespect the moderator and the site! "That's all I have to say about that"

hey i will have more db videos with a better quality camera soon so all can see my set up
Cool, I would enjoy that! And please dont be offended too much by my comments and opinions, I dont approve of the destruction but I do respect your right to do so as long as you dont disrespect the mods or the site! Again the riding videos are really cool and the tecumseh with the TAV is wicked cool! I've been threatening to get a power sport tec. and I already have the TAV! BTW I am a bigmouth and a redneck so please allow for that, I've been working on toning it down a bit so bear with me! supernova "OUT"

db

Cool, I would enjoy that! And please dont be offended too much by my comments and opinions, I dont approve of the destruction but I do respect your right to do so as long as you dont disrespect the mods or the site! Again the riding videos are really cool and the tecumseh with the TAV is wicked cool! I've been threatening to get a power sport tec. and I already have the TAV! BTW I am a bigmouth and a redneck so please allow for that, I've been working on toning it down a bit so bear with me! supernova "OUT"
i could have a new video on the weekend of my bike with the tav if my new front sprocket arrives on friday if not i will film my other db WITHOUT the tav it has the same power sport tec. . btw how much was you tav

i could have a new video on the weekend of my bike with the tav if my new front sprocket arrives on friday if not i will film my other db WITHOUT the tav it has the same power sport tec. . btw how much was you tav
Cool! It is a BMI stamped steel unit and technically it is'nt a TAV, just a clutch driven rather than belt driven, and I got it on Ebay for $35 shipped! I was the high bidder and now when they come up (regularly) you can't get them for much less than BMI retail price, which is like $60 + shipping!

Cool! It is a BMI stamped steel unit and technically it is'nt a TAV, just a clutch driven rather than belt driven, and I got it on Ebay for $35 shipped! I was the high bidder and now when they come up (regularly) you can't get them for much less than BMI retail price, which is like $60 + shipping!
my comet tav was actually more than the motor ! the motor was $199plus tax the tav was 279 plus tax

@ supernova..this is cats Dad here..That little motor has been totally disassembled and put back together countless times...The kid has learned so much from it that he has been able to service any issues he has had with his 89 kx 250 with confidence! he is now changing the water pump oil seal on my 94 rm 250. we have been a motorcycle family for generations! we currently have 5 bikes in the garage. that being said his project of wrecking that motor was in answer to his questions of "what will happen to a motor that runs out of oil?' "what will happen if a motor is pushed beyond its capabilities?" etc.. etc.. you get the point....so in the name of progress..that motor was a sacrificial lamb...fyi..he does not have any video games and spends all of his spare time in the garage with me..Any good mechanic has to know what can happen when things go wrong.:surrender:

@supernova..hahaha..Rednecks unite! as you can see by my boys vids I push my kid out to the track in -20 weather! if that dont put a toothless grin on our redneck faces,I dont know what will!:drinkup::2guns::rockon:

@supernova..hahaha..Rednecks unite! as you can see by my boys vids I push my kid out to the track in -20 weather! if that dont put a toothless grin on our redneck faces,I dont know what will!:drinkup::2guns::rockon:
It dont take much minibikin to put one on mine! My kids ride thier minibikes pretty often, a guaranteed smile!

Now, I know what to do with the xtra 2.8 HP Lifan motors. I will ship them to you for destruction at a fee...

TT :anon.sml: