baja mb200 build

i have a gx200 clone motor i stripped it dow and i bought,dyno265 cam,a 15.9mm carb with 38. jet and gx 140 emulsion tube,flat top piston,arc billet flywheel ,mikuni black fuel pump,26lb springs,rlv 2 stage header,and a 8 degree timing key..what should i do to gain more hp/also how much hp should i have now,and what precautions to look out for when reassembling the motor... thanks in advance..and i am also running a straight chain thinking about promod jack shaft.and i am also ordering a billet connecting rod

Why did you decide to use the stock carb after ordering all the billet parts?
That will be your single most limiting factor from here on.

There's more timing at 8 than you need unless you plan on turning 7000 rpm. I would reduce that to about 4 to start just because timing is something you need to build up to rather than just shoot for.

You did not say what 265 came profile you chose so I will assume a limited durration. That's a fine little cam, but I am not sure you need the 26 pound springs. How fast do you intended on running the engine?

I don't know why you ordered a fuel pump where is the fuel tank?

Straight chain will cost you.
The gearing is too high and you will bun up your clutch on anything other than a flat open road at 60 mph.
Promod jack shaft is good and strong but some welding and work can improve the stock 165 jack shaft if you want top save some money.

What else could you do thats bolt on?
18cc head would help raise the compression a little more or mill what you have down a touch maybe .040 to .050.

A better carb would help.
Just a little bigger
I need to look through my boxes and see what Techumseh carbs I have that might be good. I am not giving you one just looking for some part numbers so you can go picking through the junk at a small engine shop.

And you will need a front break.
Look for a rear wheel assembly you can bolt on the front so you don't get yourself killed.

A flat road is about all it will do.

Stopping with the gearing you have in mind is something this bike will need a lot of space to for and brake fade is a real issue.

not worried about that im not out of my mind to try to go 50 on a street with that little thing i just wanna cruise but still have alot of hp

Definitely keep us posted on your build. I have the same bike and am looking to build it up as well. Personally I think these bajas are an amazing machine. Just need some tweaking and there great!

not worried about that im not out of my mind to try to go 50 on a street with that little thing i just wanna cruise but still have alot of hp
Where are you going to " cruise " and what kind of speeds do you think you are going to move at?

Such tall gearing would imply you are trying to run around 40 mph with low revs. The desire for more power leads me to think you still want to sprint up to much higher speeds.

You also have to consider what all this will do to your clutch.
It won't work well or last long at low speeds and will take a long time to lock up.

This is a very good thread that discribes a lot of the problems you you need to consider.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/51928-16-5-lbs-stuff-6-5-lb-bag-warrior-overkill.html

at a huge empty parking lot where i live called mitchel field they got dirtbikes 4 wheelers go karts streetbikes=funn!!!!! and im planning on jackshaft maybe and when everything is up and running i will post pics

joekd

If you are looking for a paring lot cruiser then you will want low end with good throttle response, not top speed which means you will need the jackshaft or TAV

Trust me I tried to run straight chain from clutch to sprocket on these bikes, it's a complete dog off the line and you will burn up your clutch if you keep running it that way