Baja Warrior Build - Drag Race Build

Cool build! Any updates?
yep, so i ran the bike a lot and got it up to speed (60-65ish mph) it has too much torque for the driven unit on the torque converter when it is in 'overdrive' so the belt slips on the driven unit. I will see about increasing driven spring tension to keep more clamping force on the belt

I also will be converting the bike to hydraulic disc brakes and bought some parts for that. Will require welding.

And finally, i am considering methanol or at least race gas. On the fence about that right now trying to figure out compression ratio. I can go with 12:1 race gas or 13.9:1 methanol.

noseoil

At 60-65 mph, I decided that I had enough speed & backed it down a little. I ended up going to a jackshaft on a modded 212 motor on my warrior, as the belt system just didn't seem to be taking the extra hp (30 series, not 40) & it's a more positive system at speed. The TAV was better on a launch by far, but the clutch was a better choice for top end. With a jackshaft, it's easy to change final drive ratios to tune the output for top speed vs. acceleration.

It's all a trade-off, but your build looks like it's doing really well. What's available to you for CR increases? Pistons, heads, milling, etc? There's a lot to think about with changing fuels for mods & running. I decided to go with 110 octane cut with pump gas for my 11:1 motor & it works well enough. Running yours on methanol would be an interesting bump up in power & speed, but what kind of rpms are you thinking, as it puts you into a completely different type of build for internal parts, breathing & air flow. Decisions, decisions!

36in/31ex head coming milled .100. After I CC the head ill see, but it should put me at 14:1 static compression. Ill be running methanol.

noseoil

Just in case you decide to run a bit more power through the motor, here's an interesting take on fuel mixtures...

Approximate compression ratios recommended for use with Nitro-methane / Methanol fuel mixes.

Compression Ratio % Nitro in Methanol per volume

16 to 1 10%

15 to 1 18%

14 to 1 28%

13 to 1 38%

12 to 1 46%

11 to 1 56%

10 to 1 66%

9 to 1 75%

8 to 1 85%

7 to 1 94%

6.5 to 1 100%

The 19 x 8 -8 will not fit the rear without spacing the sprocket out for the chain to clear the tire sidewall.

And the original drums work just fine with the correct shoes. GBC grooved shoes for a Honda 100 are a perfect fit.

Doug
Hey Doug , I know its an old thread . But what tires fit the Warrior front and rear ? With no modifications . [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION]

Hey Doug , I know its an old thread . But what tires fit the Warrior front and rear ? With no modifications . [MENTION=53722]FOMOGO[/MENTION]
These are what we used on a stock bike with no mods. They are the stock size, 19 x 7 x 8. Got mine from Dennis Kirk but it doesn't appear that they carry them any longer in this size. They were way cheaper there too.

https://simpletire.com/kenda-19-7.00-8-085460840b1-tires

Several members have used these SunF tires off Ebay with good results as well,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-Pair-o...960609&hash=item3ad8028751:g:Ld0AAOSwdjha2ofW

Last edited:
I've got Kenda road go tires in 19 7 8 also. I like the tread pattern better. You can also go with a taller 20 7 8 if you want to squeeze out a few more mph in top end.