Balloon tire Diesel

Hi Pete - FYI - I just got mine going, been a bit sick, but got a couple rides in. Hasn't been nice out here the last couple days, but here are some pics with the 8 HP predator in it. Just thought I'd share with all. I will have to get some better finished pics, then put my build here on the website.

Thanks - the blue powdercoating turned out great.

Yes, I drove it for about a half hour.

8 HP predator fits perfect with a 3/8 plate underneath, with just cuttung a bit off of the bottom of the torque converter plate. Remove ~ 3/16, and you can get the TAV cover to fit, and the gas fill is just between the tubes.

The predator runs smooth, but it takes a lot to get the big tires moving. I'm a pretty big guy ~ 250 lbs, but I'm sure it will top out over 30 with the 9T gear on the TAV.

You'd be surprised how big the thing is and how you have to get used to turning / cornering & the handling.

I wanted to build somethign different, and I sure did & am happy with it. I am sure there is some tweaking to do though (but that is part fo the fun) !

Exhaust is done notice the rain cap ! Mudflaps not only serve a purpose but actually look good on the bike I think . One photo is from underneath bike it shows plates that are tapped n threaded I was worried the torque on start up n shutting down would be to much for washers . Exhaust flange was made from a large washer n a short radius "but elbow " then I bought some 1inch conduit from electrical store n shaped it up .

Attachments

Pretty cool - I just got some parts to make an exhaust this weekend myself, if I have the time.

You asked how mine brakes - pretty darn good. I adjusted accordng to some directions on line........basically get everything set up & with the jam nut loose, sug up the bolt by hand. Then back off about 3/8 to a 1/2 turn & tighten the jam nut. My neighbors and friends atually took it for a spin & were surprised at how smooth the braking is. I'm in the 240 range myself (damn winter), so it should work well for you. I have to tweak the torque converter a bit so it does not upshift so quick, but other than that, the exhaust & making a kickstand I am verry happy for my 1st mini bike build.

Your neighbors will love ya:laugh: Very cool bike!!
Yeah i need an exhaust brake to make some noise , or rb32 tiny turbo! Those two features I might entertain once bike is up n running . Just ordered 1 gal yellow diesel safety can 28 on bay with metal spout . Check list left is line up rear axle with couple washers, longer motor mount bolts , throttle assembly , return fuel line to reach top of tank. I had a chrome round light on front but I didn't like the look I'm gonna do round number plate with hidden led lights .

HVAC season started sooner than I thought , I ran into trouble with axle bolts being short so I ordered 2- 14 inch grade 8 bolts due in Friday ! Like to drop some fuel in it and run it on stand this weekend. Filled crankcase 5-20 rotella and as recommended by the yanmar dealer I've been pulling the cord working the oil in bearing Ect.

Why? I have a studio house 36x48 12 ft ceiling , 2nd flr open . Moved it to garage for good now that I'm putting fuel in it. Not in bedroom .
Why Not ! I had min inside till I put gas in it.........Did you get it fired up yet ? The axles on mine were right there.....no extra thread. What would make you think they are too short (looks like you had it together).

I think the diesel will be cool - I went last night for about a 5 mile ride through a few places with my friend and his & it does take some getting used to as the thing pulls you where it wants to go. But having the torque is key in the trails & on hills. My 8 hp predator will roll you over at will, so do easy with the diesel, as I am sure it will do the same