Bang for your buck

Ok so im sure someone has done all this before me but which after market parts show the most gain in hp
My personal motor has shown the most gains in power with the billet flywheel and ported big valve head
the header and carb

didn't do much if anything

Your rite it does add some excitement it went from a bike just about anyone can ride to a bike u need special clearance to look at let alone ride so yes tav2 is in place and operating nicely

Has anybody had any success with the turbo i know the cylinder pressure is thier or maybe higher compression headi dont know im looking for more top end im a 36 tooth sprocket should i go any smaller than that or just keep looking for more power it takes off crazy fast but after the shift its running hard but it wont rev out any and all help greatly appreciated

no replacement for displacement, rather big block or big bore, if you must a small block... imho! i did about all you could with a standard bore, down to the wiseco piston and wasnt enough (for me)

Im having same issue.. wondering if new cam will help or if I should just save for a v-twin :D

Has anybody had any success with the turbo i know the cylinder pressure is thier or maybe higher compression headi dont know im looking for more top end im a 36 tooth sprocket should i go any smaller than that or just keep looking for more power it takes off crazy fast but after the shift its running hard but it wont rev out any and all help greatly appreciated

buckeye

And torque.:laugh:

I am not a crazy speed freak. Scares me..:eek:hmy:

I am doing just the basics, cam, rod, springs, carb work and header.
Should be plenty for me. Just so it sounds good in quick bursts. Top speed fairly quick and then back out. Good enough.

I still say it's about the flow. A good carb, good flowing exhaust, and the right cam will do wonders. A polished head with big valves would be great, but I can't say that it would be the best bang for the buck. It costs money, and it won't help unless you have the other goodies. A carb and exhaust are probably the biggest help. Obviously, the flywheel and rod are important for safety, but I don't think the billet flywheel offers a lot of performance. I have always wanted a motor that revs really fast, and I remember expecting my motor to sound like a sprint car revving when I built my first clone. Well, I was disappointed. Obviously, the safety is important, and I had piece of mind. It was just a slower revving piece of mind than I had hoped for.

Im still saying billet flywheel was a major performance gain it just revs now then the tav2 shifts its not bogging down but its not skying the rpms either but port and polished big valve head does do wonders and im building it for 4500feet at sea level its realbleeping scary fast