Battery Box and LEDs

Evening Folks,
Need some input, I am thinking about adding a small 12v battery to the Red Texan . Easiest way I thought of would be adding a Pro Mod under seat fuel tank kit and installing the battery their and boxing it in somehow. This would also allow the seat to be flipped up for easy charging and maintenance. I've been scoping out eBay for LED fog lamps or even found a few strobe light kits that would be interesting. Lights would be on the front and rear of the bike. Also I would be adding a left control switch on the handle bars. I don't do a lot of night riding but when a I do my LED headlamp works just fine.

How would would you install a battery box on the cheap?

depending on what type of battery , just fold up a box and put some rubber pading around it . with the plugs to charge it comming out the top . or bend up a bracket to hold it to the frame with the rubber band holder from a motorcycle .
or if you get one of them sealed lead acid lantern batterys the 6 volt ones . you could make a holder out of some oil; filter housings and have it look like the old school light kits they made back when .
the battery like this one here American Science & Surplus : Batteries and Power

40695 LANTERN BATTERY
near the bottom of the page . that could be pulled off kinda easy and it would last a long time . also lets you use toss out ones if you wanted to , i know wallmart had them lantern battery kits in the fishing sector at one time . dont remember the price on them any more .

I have been contemplating where I am going to install my battery as well. A couple of ideas I have come up with so far are on top of the engine. I am doing a MINI BAJA and I am going to be using a real tank to replace the fake one on the frame. So that will free up where the tank is on the clone engine with electric start is that I will be using. SO I have either decided I will get one of those flat throttle plates that sits on top of the engine which will allow the mounting of the throttle cable as well as a square box for the battery. OR possibly using the clone fuel tank and cutting it in half and using it as the battery box.I would just need to use a battery that would fit inside which is a definite possibility. Randy