Battery for DB30

I'm just curious, but I have seen doodlebugs with lights and electric start. What kind of battery would you use for it, like 12 volt? Are there any kits to install an electric start, too? I'm real new with all this stuff so sorry if I sound stupid. Thanks.

you'll have to install some sort of alternator/generator for it to work (unless you want to charge it when you're not riding).

you'd probably want to use a motorcycle battery. do a search, there was a thread on here in the last few months where a guy showed his setup on a DB with a battery.

fonz

I've got a couple pics of the bikes CJTMINI worked on for me. They are in my profile photos. I'll take a stab at inserting them in this post. Never tried that before. The yellow electric start still has the temporary battery setup. For the red one I bought a deep cycle scooter battery and attached it with a U-clamp. It's a nice clean set up. The battery is supposed to be good for a few hundred charges. Cost was less then 25 bucks. It's nice to have a load horn and running lights when I have the urge for a quick night ride. I'm still on my first charge and I've had it on there a month.