Been catching up on my R/C Aircraft projects & flying ,, this season.

I74

Shiity pic of the O'l Lady's new Kitty.

16th scale '''full functional & proportional - ''Jagd Panther'' !!

Now she can do Battle with my ''old'' 16th scale Tiger 1.

Blows smoke , recoils\shoots over 25m. ,, ''sound'' ,,, & every thing,, plus 2.4 gh !! :cool:

Did some basic weathering on it already,, & have some special European ''light dirt'' road wash on the way for it,, to detail it more

Pic of my 20 + year old ''27mh''Tiger 1, that I just did a bunch of work on,, ,in replacing & soldering,,''way better'' new up graded silicone insulated wiring ect. ect. ect...

Have had it put away around 13 years.....,, & just dug it out of the closet a couple weeks ago ...

Am planning on up grading my old Tiger with another new RTR 2.4gh Tiger,, & ''just'' swapping the guts out of the other one.

That one will be for sale RTR , with the upgraded ''brand new'' chassis, &''brand new''- ''grey'' hull,, with ''my'' old radio gear,, but still fully functional,, plus a 3300ma NMh 6 cell pack.

Guts ect. out of my old one, only have around 2 hrs. on them, & work fine.

Suspension/chassis ect.,, is actually ''a lot'' better than my old one also,, but I want to keep my old chassis / shell,, for sentimental reasons & paint scheme ect. ect.

New suspension/chassis ect. on the new ones,, is ''way'' easier to work on also.

Probably take $100 bucks for it + ship.

Also comes with my original ''rare'' decent shape box & manual.

The old box itself is actually nice enough to be a display piece !

Pm me if you want it.

I

100_7522.JPG 100_6938.JPG

Last edited:

I74

Been detailing the Jagd Panther, & am getting it closer to looking kind'a like this.

Just waiting on a tan paint & ultra flat clear.

Won't be doing the dirt application though,, as it will get dirty all by itself by running it. lol

I started building models back in the late 60's.,, & haven't painted & detailed a plastic model in years...

Kind'a like riding a bike. It comes back to you pretty quick.,, & it's basically just a big model ;)

I

jagdpanther04.jpg

Last edited:

I74

Got a new Batt. pack for the Elect. Mini. .

13s - 6p - ''21700'' cells,, & 30 + ah!

Sucker ought to ''fly'' for about an Hour and a half. ;)

I

Last edited:

I74

@I74 your electric builds are fascinating.

With me not knowing all the components like I might on a gas powered bike...could you take some well lit pictures of both sides of this bike (and post them), so we can see the details better ?

Thanks, and keep up the good work !

Thanks Robert ! :)

I just found & dug out my original build thread on this & others,, & put it up right on top of ''Mini bike discussion'', for those interested.

Everything you & others need to see & know,, will be there. ;)

Regards,

Ian

I74

Bought the O'l Lady a new Tiger Tank with all the bells & whistles.

She wanted it done like the battle of the Buldge ones ect.,, so I got an air brush,, & started painting her the ''Snow Tiger''.

This is my first camo job with an air brush,, & pretty much my 2nd time ever using one.

Have a few spots to touch up,, but ran out of air brush thinner.

Also have a handfull of detail bits to put on it yet.

Briefly layed on a German cross decal,, but we think it looks a lot better & cleaner with out any decals.

It functions just like the Jagd Panther,, plus also has an Infa red sensor like the other Tank,, so you can do battle.

Basically,, if you get shot 5 times,, the Tank then sounds like it's blowing up & catching fire,, plus disable's for around 10 seconds. LOL :p

The sound system speakers in these are pretty much like a miniture sub.

The speaker lives in a rectangular box on one half of it,, & the other half of the cab, is for resonance,, & a bit of a passive speaker function.
Speaker actually has a ''rubber'' surround ring also !

Programming has 5 volume levels also,, plus different sound modes,, & ''a lot'' of other stuff.

Engine starting & running has 2 modes,, & when you accelerate,, so does the sound rpm's of the engine.
Also the machine gun has 2 sound modes,, plus 1 for the main gun when it fires.

On volume 5,, it's actually pretty loud. :cool:

Hell of ''a lot ''of R/C Tank for $150 ''free shipped'' from Motion R/C , & no tax !

I

100_7584.JPG

Last edited:
You guys got me started flying my old Control line planes again! Had to clean the planes and dissasemble engines to free them up from the old castor oil. Flew a stunt plane OK but trying one of my old slow combat ones got me very dizzy. Been 15 or 20 years since I flew them. Even standing still just doing figure 8's I still got dizzy from watching the clouds in the sky.

Attachments

I74

You guys got me started flying my old Control line planes again! Had to clean the planes and dissasemble engines to free them up from the old castor oil. Flew a stunt plane OK but trying one of my old slow combat ones got me very dizzy. Been 15 or 20 years since I flew them. Even standing still just doing figure 8's I still got dizzy from watching the clouds in the sky.
Cool, but I get dizzy just think'n about control line stuff. :eek:o_O

I do see a couple hang'n there that might be prime canadates for ''electric'' R/C conversions though. ;)

Looks like we might be flying Thurs. morn. down @ the main field.
Probably bring my 1.8m powered Sailplane, my little S- bach,, & maybe even the''mid size'' hot rodded X-tra 300 that I have still yet to try out with the new mods.

I

Last edited:

I74

Everything goes right,, will be Slope flying Tues afternoon/ eve,, 9/12 /23.
That would be really cool.

Forecast looks like it will be good for lighter Sailplane & Powered Sailpaine stuff,, for that later aft./eve.

I
`

Last edited: