beer

KKK comes to mind and I sure haven't seen much of him lately. I miss him and the site misses him and if that Bug you did had been half of the asking price I would have got it because it was local and sent it on to him.

The reason I mentioned simple pleasures is because I have been into MANY hobbies over the years from ocean fishing in SoCal to bass fishing to fancy goldfish some of which cost more than mini bikes. In most cases, I have gone way overboard and spent a crap-load of money and then at some point all the time I am spending turns from fun to work and stress (ie: bass tournaments). However, I am good at beer drinking but I will not overthink it;).

When I got back into minis, I had visions from the old days when we would pull our bikes apart every other week and rattle can them a different color. Now I have a garage and shed full of minis and a couple of karts and I am afraid to touch them for fear of depreciating them. I don't possess the welding or fabrication skills to bring them up to the level of bikes like yours.

Any ways, that being said, I enjoy this site and seeing the builds.

Last edited:
(grin) Yes indeed. While brewing in Japan, I used "Cascade" hops. I would argue that the PNW craft brewers were first, and best, yet all must concede to the market.

There is much to be enjoyed with a fine lager, which requires a gentler touch. There is no accounting for taste. For example, the venerable lemon or lime, served with Mexican beers, because originally the gringo beer drinker would worry about getting sick from putting his lips on a dirty Mexican beer bottle. So vendors started selling them with lemon or lime, giving the Gringo the option of taking a citrusy swipe to sterilize the neck. It was all BS, and salesmanship.

Then the citrus slices ended up "in" the beers by statesiders who didn't understand the purpose of their Corona sporting a lemon wedge. And now "that" has turned into actual beer flavors you can select that include LEMON.

But like the hop used to mitigate a nasty overland trip in a keg of ale, the lemon has come to symbolize something it never was, and consumer tastes have adapted to the myth. The entire subject of beer and mead making over the centuries have been woven around the historical events of human development, and I see no reason why they should change now.:thumbsup:
Ah, the great cover up. Add lemon or lime and they won’t notice how nasty it actually is. Drinking what you actually like has become pretty expensive here in Vancouver. However, even at upwards of $18-$20 for a six pac at my local beer and wine store, I’d prefer to drink something I really enjoy. Fortunately I can’t drink a lot due to some medication I take. 2-3 an evening at most, sometimes 4. Good thing I quit smoking 20 years ago as well, cigarettes are $13 a pack here. In the old days that would have been nearly a $50 a day habit. At any rate, my point is drink the best beer you can afford. Like mini bikes, It’s one of life’s small pleasures.
Martin.

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Last edited:
A pirate walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender looks down and says "You know that you have a steering wheel in your pants" The pirate replies "Ay, it's driving me nuts"

moetrout

I prefer beer flavored beer. Don't try to put any fruit into mine! A nice dark porter for me please!

I have a porter fermenting now, should be good for Christmas. Used homegrown Michigan cascade hops.

I prefer beer flavored beer. Don't try to put any fruit into mine! A nice dark porter for me please!

I have a porter fermenting now, should be good for Christmas. Used homegrown Michigan cascade hops.
Sounds good ..:smile:..this all over my level of expertise.....you know what sux tho..I've been watching moonshiners tonite.. sipping beer and I've run out ..I'm outta beer..:sadcrying4: sad!

Last edited:
Raskin, switch the channel, Moonshiners is just going to make you more thirsty. Watch C-span, you'll be asleep in no time, and you can make your beer run tomorrow.