"Before and After" pics

Not really but it was fairly easy to make it work. I couldn't find a all thread that was the size/pitch i needed to make a hold down stud so i cut the heads and welded 2 machine screws together. For a base, i took the most beat up louvered cover i had in my collection and cut the sides off. This left the top trimmed to the od of the filter for a base. I enlarged the "base's" bolt hole to match the mouth of the carb. The mouth of my carb is stepped so everything centers up nicely when its bolted down. I picked up 4 of these with assorted bases and used filters for under $10 either on ebay or a swap meet. Now i need to find new ones for my holly 94's for my flatty, haha.

Last edited:
that paint job came out great:thumbsup: do you have any pics of how you hooked the throttle up to the carb? i always like to see how people do theres. on my B&S i used a paper clip hooked up to the throttle on the carb then the other end of the paper clip is hooked up to an electrical connector that i crimped to the cable. that was the easiest way i could think of:shrug:

I actually don't have any pics of that but will try and get some soon. I did mine very similar to what you said(w/o the paperclip) but just bent the ring terminal to a 90 and screwed that onto the throttle bracket. Ran the cable(bought a bicycle cable rebuild kit from kmart for $6-> 4 cables and lots of crimp on ends for making custom lengths) around the back of the carb and used the factory screwdown with a washer to hold the housing. I crimped and then soldered the ring terminal.

Thanks a lot for the nice words guys. the paint is a garage and rattle can job.

lol thanks...it gives ambiance yeah that's it :scooter:

and yes it's an Arco..not sure of the year but an Arco none the less and technically my first mini I've owned and rode since I was about 10 or so...I'm 33 now and still get a kick out of this stuff lol

I looked through all 32 pages and seen not one Wildcat! OK, I'll show mine, please be kind, it's my first. This is before I did the mod/resto

And this is after. Almost finished. I'm doing the seat today

Kind of aggravated, I upload pics and it only shows 2. I don't know where they are going!