Biggest vintage mini for project?

I had a heathkit long ago and have been thinking about creating an electric version (since my business builds electric motorcycles).

Curious as to thoughts about what is the biggest mini bike for purposes of loading batteries in the chassis? I am thinking about the Heathkit or Heald Super Bronc's.

Thanks

Craig

markus

did you see this posting?

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/g...723-rare-only-heald-electric-super-bronc.html

I have a '74 Auranthetic that I need to get to. That company basically ordered a foreign made minibike that a few US companies had made for them and stretched and converted it to electric. One problem that was mentioned to me by an Auranthetic collector/expert was that the front forks were not necessarily up to the job of handling the extra weight.

It and almost another whole one that a member here sent to me from CA are totally disassembled and stashed in bins in my shed right now...someday!

The Super Bronc seems to have plenty of room for motor, controller and at least three B&B batteries.) I would NOT use the torque converter.

I have been given a VT8 Super Bronc. It needs a lot of refurbishing including work on the motor. And am seriously considering converting to 36V electric. As it will suit my uses well.

If you wish, I can give you the approximate dimensions of the opening in the frame.

I had a heathkit long ago and have been thinking about creating an electric version (since my business builds electric motorcycles).

Curious as to thoughts about what is the biggest mini bike for purposes of loading batteries in the chassis? I am thinking about the Heathkit or Heald Super Bronc's.

Thanks

Craig

Electric big bike...

did you see this posting?

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/g...723-rare-only-heald-electric-super-bronc.html

I have a '74 Auranthetic that I need to get to. That company basically ordered a foreign made minibike that a few US companies had made for them and stretched and converted it to electric. One problem that was mentioned to me by an Auranthetic collector/expert was that the front forks were not necessarily up to the job of handling the extra weight.

It and almost another whole one that a member here sent to me from CA are totally disassembled and stashed in bins in my shed right now...someday!

I am finally back on this. I think with the cool tech that we (brammo) has today, we could make an EV installation on one of these appear as though it was original. It would be fun if there were an actual market for it.

I understand the nostalgia around the gas engine, but I also was surprised that I like our Empulse more than a ducati monster..

IF anyone has a restored Heald Super, I am very interested.

Thanks!