bird bike neck/headset bushings?

i am building a bird bike/golden pinto?,for a local couple for their 9 year old daughter.

when i took the forks off i noticed the bushings? inserts? in the frame headtube are worn out and need to be replaced.
where can i find these?

also,the bike was id as a golden pinto awhile back but the frame blasting only showed Blue paint?
most recent was red then black then og blue,not a single trace of gold paint? :confused:

OldMiniBikes warehouse or your local hardware store has em, and bird made a bike the same as the Golden Pinto in different colors. The GP was just a Foremost badged Bird, I have a GP with the Foremost decal that's gone but you can clearly see what it was.

Ace do you know the part number or can steer me towards them?
i do have a hardware store in town or if needed ill gladly buy them off the OldMiniBikes. :thumbsup:
and TY Sir!!

5/8" X 3/4" is the standard I believe, measure your ID on the fork tube and the bolt diameter. I was unable to navigate the OldMiniBikes warehouse site but I thought they had them. You can get brass or oil impregnated bushings. I will be needing some myself for a couple of my Sears bikes.

i will as soon as it gets back from the painters i dropped it off this evening of course and forgot to measure :doah: which is why i asked.
just trying to get all the parts lined up so i can go full tilt when its back.
Many thanks again :thumbsup:

btw lol thats funny i was just trying to figure the OldMiniBikes out as well.

I looked at my Runabout just now and the neck looks smaller than most but has bushings that are worn out also, I'll examine it closer tomorrow and see if I can easily remove the bolt since it's a rider right now and out in the man cave area.

I did take the nut off the bottom and it's a 1/2" thread and nut but it could be that the end is machined down so let me pop the bolt off tomorrow, mine needs bushings bad so I need to know also.

Last edited:
3/4x5/8 bushing was used . Other places beside OldMiniBikes is hardware stores and by me Menards has them . The frame design you are talking about was also used as a Big Blue and War Eagle plus probably more .

Yep, took my bolt completely out just now to be sure and it's just as I suspected so Y/B is correct as was I initially. I'll be using Oilite or oil impregnated bronze bushings for longer life.

3/4x5/8 bushing was used . Other places beside OldMiniBikes is hardware stores and by me Menards has them . The frame design you are talking about was also used as a Big Blue and War Eagle plus probably more .