Blasting help needed!!

Need a little advice fellas. Finally completed construction on my sandblasting cabinet and got
everything up and running. For the past week or so I've been experimenting with various
sizes of glass beads and other media. Just plain glass beads resulted in a nice finish but the
rate of progress was painfully slow. After 5 different types of media I have narrowed my
choices down to an "Aluminum Oxide and Glass Bead Mix" or crushed glass. The crushed
glass does a great job of rust and scale removal and the rate of cut is good. The final
texture has a frosty appearance and a definite peened surface. The mix cuts slower and the
final texture is smoother. I'm leaning toward the crushed glass but thought I'd check if any
of you have any thoughts or recommendations before I begin blasting in earnest. By the way;
I'm using a siphon feed system. Tnx. Ogy.

Oldsalt

If you are just doing steel and cast iron surfaces that are going to be painted just use 70 mesh sand. Blast the rims, frame and etc. on your mini bike and then prime 'em. I've done complete car bodies without a problem. It's the cheapest and best way to go. I even use it to clean up parts before polishing and plating. I use it on aluminum. Sure, there are some reasons to use beads are whatever on some special application but in real life a waste of money. I have seen people useing the high dollar stuff and when pressed the reason they give is they read it in a magazine or saw Chopper Builder Dude on TV useing it.