Bonanza 1510Mx finished!!!

I was once clocked at 65 mph on a dirt road, on one of those, when I was young and du.....bulletproof. Fastest production mini-bike made, until Speedway came out with their Sachs 125. Quickest too, by far.

Nice to here that story about your Bonanza 1510Mx Stevie-Ray it brings back memories for me too, but I think you stand to be corrected a little bit I mean this with no disrespect. The fastest production Minibike ever produced was the Engray-Maico Spitfire and why I say this is because to be considered a true minibike, the bike would have to have 6" tires or smaller. The Bonanza 1510MX would be considered a mini trail because it has 8 inch tires and the speedway Silvershadow would be considered a mini cycle/ or motorcycle because it came equipped with 10 inch wheels and Sachs 125 motorcycle engine. The Engray-Maico Spitfire has 5.30x4.50/6" tires and it came equipped with a 2 stroke 16hp Enray- Maico engine. So technically it was the fastest production minibike ever built and this is the holy Grail of all minibikes hands down. And here is the proof image.png

Nice to here that story about your Bonanza 1510Mx Stevie-Ray it brings back memories for me too, but I think you stand to be corrected a little bit I mean this with no disrespect. The fastest production Minibike ever produced was the Engray-Maico Spitfire and why I say this is because to be considered a true minibike, the bike would have to have 6" tires or smaller. The Bonanza 1510MX would be considered a mini trail because it has 8 inch tires and the speedway Silvershadow would be considered a mini cycle/ or motorcycle because it came equipped with 10 inch wheels and Sachs 125 motorcycle engine. The Engray-Maico Spitfire has 5.30x4.50/6" tires and it came equipped with a 2 stroke 16hp Enray- Maico engine. So technically it was the fastest production minibike ever built and this is the holy Grail of all minibikes hands down. And here is the proof View attachment 99773
Bigger engine for Sure Topnotch. I'm wondering how gearing was set up .

Really nice work Topnotch ! Great to see a complete one thats back in action. That Engray Maico Spitfire has my attention also? Any idea what the top speed was?

pomfish

Nice to here that story about your Bonanza 1510Mx Stevie-Ray it brings back memories for me too, but I think you stand to be corrected a little bit I mean this with no disrespect. The fastest production Minibike ever produced was the Engray-Maico Spitfire and why I say this is because to be considered a true minibike, the bike would have to have 6" tires or smaller. The Bonanza 1510MX would be considered a mini trail because it has 8 inch tires and the speedway Silvershadow would be considered a mini cycle/ or motorcycle because it came equipped with 10 inch wheels and Sachs 125 motorcycle engine. The Engray-Maico Spitfire has 5.30x4.50/6" tires and it came equipped with a 2 stroke 16hp Enray- Maico engine. So technically it was the fastest production minibike ever built and this is the holy Grail of all minibikes hands down. And here is the proof View attachment 99773
How many were built and where is a good up close picture of one in someones collection?
Only see the one with the upside down picture in an old post, what became of that one?
Edit: now see Mean Dean's older post with this bike and info about it here;

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/strictly-us-vintage/75199-picked-holy-grail-mini-bikes.html

Thing looks scary with those whack handlebars.
16hp would be a wicked ride though!

Later,
Keith

Last edited: