Bonanza BC1200/1300 Swing Arm Bushings

I haven't taken the swing arm off my project Bonanaza yet but I was on OldMiniBikes tonight putting a parts list together. Are the swing arm bushings the same as the neck tube bushings? Please let me you I would like to get both at the same time if possible.

markus

agree with beekeeper, they are the same bushings. this may help with install when you get to that point:

Wow! thanks guys :thumbsup: it looks better in pictures though :wink:

This morning during coffee hour still in my Jammies I installed the bushings for the swing and headtube. I found this old pipe clamp thing years ago when I did a cleanout of an old marina/repair shop that closed its doors around 1970 and just recently found it again in my mess and thought it would help with the install. It worked great, I wish I had remembered I had it about 10 bikes back :doah:

I did bottle brush the inside of the tubes and also sanded and then wire wheel polished the outer part of the bushing so they would insert smoother, then I stuck them in the freezer for awhile. Clamp brought them in with no problems :thumbsup:

This is how I like to install the bearings in the jackshaft plate on those as well, showed that on the same build thread:

Tippy, like Greg I used a dremel with a sanding drum just enough to take the clear/base/primer out hole. want to try and make sure its still a "press fit" if possible.

Not the prettiest but I just used a 1 1/2" bit to bore a small inset into a block of wood enough so the other side of the bearing can pass and the block can rest against the plate.

Tools I used:

since the metal is now bare I dunno of it helps or not but I took some car wax and slathered it in the hole and around the plate before I put the bearing in and then put it together like this:

worked pretty good, with no issues

Thanks guys for the information. I will include the swing arm bushing in my order. I was hope they were the same. Also those install pictures are very helpful. Thank you for posting those.

Once installed I found the new bushings were a little tight, I took a round file and worked things until the neck bolt and pivot shaft slid in smoothly............................Tom.

I am having issues getting the old gear to break lose off the jackshaft. Any tips there? I have removed all set screws from both gear assemblies but I can't seem to get them to move on the keys.

A good soak with a quality penetrant, I like PB Blaster, let sit a few days while occasionally dousing the stuck parts, should break loose, if your in a hurry use a torch to heat things up and get them moving.............................Tom.