bonanza chopper seat grommets??

markus

The front mount holes thru the seat for my Bonanza chopper are wobbled out, the rear holes have some sort of grommets in them and they are fine. Were there originally grommets on the front holes as well? I am getting ready to send it off to karen to have a go at remaking the cover and I need to galss the holes up on the pan. I dont think my front bolt is original so I am not sure if there was a tube/spacer or something like that there originally. also can the rear grommets be replicated, Looks a little different than a typical grommet.

Thanks

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I've gotten most of my grommets at the craft supply, OR you can get them at a Leather shop.

As for the rear looking different. I bet they used a thin washer behind the grommet to make it fatter.

Unless the pan is plastic, I would bronze in a washer at the front holes for the repair. Use Fender washers,
they have a Large outer rim with smaller hole to the center.

markus

Thanks guys, Gotta go get some fresh fiberglass and start patching. I'll check out the craft store and see if I can locate some grommets that I can use :thumbsup:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Ah, the seat pan is fiberglass. I would still glass in a washer, it would be a lot stronger than just glass itself.

Good luck with all, I'm sure you'll find it.