Bonanza zerk fitting problem

markus

I pulled the MX off the shelf to start reassembling the frame:

the zerk fittings almost look like they arent even threaded??? Or if they are its a fine thread and they got trashed upon removal. I only have one original, I'm pretty sure the one on the headtube got trashed when I pulled it out because it was kinda stuck in the weld from the factory:

I never payed attention til now but the Naza zerks aren't like the standard ones I have here, has anyone been able to find a match to them or am I going to have to modify the ones I have? and if so any tips? I'm really worried about getting one back into the headtube!

markus

sweet, never even knew there were press in ones :doah: If you look at the original up close it almost looks like stripped out fine threads I figured I just did my usual destruction upon removal :laugh:

Now to find a couple :thumbsup:

Thanks guys

Peek is probably right.....:glare:

......quick production line stuff often use drive in zerks....they actually look like they are threaded but if you look close it's more like individual "barbs"...they are driven into untapped holes to save time and expense.

Good to see ya Jim. I am leaving for deer hunting tomorrow for a couple of days:thumbsup:
Good luck. I got a couple of does a couple of weeks ago. Saw a big buck today on the place neighboring where I hunt, (big for these parts anyway) 10 points and about the size of a yearling up there, and a 300 lb or so hog ran across the road as I was leaving.

Man I love this forum. It is like old friends meeting for coffee in the morning at a restaurant and the one guy has a question on how he thought he screwed up a grease zerk, but got his answer from one of his friends. Then the conversation moves on to "nice to see you" and deer hunting, and hogs crossing the road. This is an awesome place to hang out, unless it is our local coffee shop:thumbsup: :scooter: