Bought some rare Mini's the last week.

Mean Dean

Seems like a lot of rare stuff is popping up lately maybe because of the economy. I have picked up a few good ones and some I have never seen before or have not seen years.

1: is a real rare 1970 LIL INDIAN Outlaw Chopper all original unrestored. It has a 4H.P. Tecumseh, the two speed transmission still. It is mint and all stock.Runs awesome.

2: 1966 all original Ruttman washer frame. 3.5 H.P. Tecumseh. All original except one repaint from the early 70's. Runs awesome.

3: MTD Trailflite All original in Green with 4H.P.Torque Converter. Runs great.

4: 1 All original Ruttman Wild Goose , all original 1970 in Yellow with 4 H.P. Tecumseh.

5: Two Sno Co. Nomad Three wheelers. All original but no engines. Had 5 H.P. Briggs. These come with Ruttman 6" 4 spoke mags on the front.

6: All original and runs 1971? Fox Thunderbolt. 14" Wheels. 5H.P. Teumseh. Torque Converter etc. Some rust on the rims. Really very good cond. Dark Burgundy.

7: All original 1983 Ruttman Large Spyder 5 H.P.

8: Nice 1971 Ruttman Grasshopper in Purple. 4 H.P. All original except paint. Nice 5 spokes. I will get some pics later today.

Mac

....Now what you need to do is make them available to OldMiniBikes members at cost.

That'll make you the favorite guy here.

Mean Dean

Thanks Bandit and the rest of the guys. No Yamaha I bought these from Different sources and garage sales around me but no one named Kevin. I am going to sell the Nomad three wheelers and maybe The Thunderbolt , And maybe the MTD. I took some pics of The Outlaw chopper last night. I will get some more today and download them tonight. All are in really nice shape. I can tell you one thing I was never my Ex's favorite because of my Hoarding of these mini's. No offense ever taken.

Mean Dean

Here is the 70 Wild Goose Survivor. Serial # is 16531. Yellow with a 3 1/2 H.P. Tecumseh. Eliminator tires. Original fenders, seat etc. The engine was built on the 269th day of 1969Usually around 3-6 months later and depending on the manufacturer is when they were used on Mini Bikes.

Last edited:

Mean Dean

MTD TrailFlite

Here is the MTD. All original unrestored. It is a 3 1/2 H.P. Started and ran fine. It needs a new gas line and I have to get the front drive pulley. Carlisle tires. I have not cleaned it up yet but It will be an easy one. Seat is a little torn at the bottom. Muffler and pipe are exec. Tires are not dry rotted at all. Brakes are like new. This one was hardly riden.

Last edited:

buckeye

Wow, you have the knack for finding these things. Great to see them going to someone who won't chop em up and make drag bikes out of them.

Mean Dean

Lil Indian Outlaw Chopper all original

Here is the rare Little Indian Outlaw Chopper. This is a rare one. Ray Michrina at LIL INDIAN said it is one of only 25 built for 1970. They did not sell many at all back then. It is all original except the Brake Lever and Disc Brake spring.. It has the rare Lil Indian two speed transmission. It is a 3 H.P. Tecumseh. Flat black forks with the original Maltese Sticker in the middle. Original Seat and sissy bar. Sebac Shocks. Original tires. Carlisle Trail tire in the rear 5.30, 4.10 x6 rear. The front is a Goodyear 4.10 ,3.50x6. Runs like a top. Disc brake is like new. This was bought off the original owner. I have the original brake lever also. This is one of two Lil Indian choppers I have. I have the original Purple Prototype Outlaw also. You will not see another Outlaw Chopper built by these guys in this shape.I took the Chrome chain guard off for pics. I haven't seen one in 50 years. I am going to Display this Outlaw for a little while along with two other Lil Indian Survivors at the LIl Indian Show room/ Allied Leisure Co. 30643 Schoolcraft 248 477 0212,if some one wants to see it Enjoy.

Last edited:

Mean Dean

1966 Ruttman

Here is the 1966 Ruttman. The original color was light blue metallic. It has the original late built 1965 3 1/2 H.P. Tecumseh. it has the original seat. The real old style hard plastic handle grips and throttle control. The tires are the original Carlisle Double headed Indian tires. 4.10 3.50x4. Orignal white wheels painted over in gold. It has the old style original wheel bearings. Original oval air cleaner and louvered cover. The Vin is #1307. Stamped on the engine plate. Most of the early Ruttman's did not have Fenders. I have a NOS set of Shorty fenders also. The cluch cover is a newer one. Some one put the old Schwinn purple metalflake handlebar tape on years ago. I took one side off. Runs and drives awesome. Enjoy

Last edited:

Mean Dean

Thanks Mark G . Me too, I have a real soft spot for original bikes. I just sold one of my rare survivors and I am regretting it. I guess this makes up for it.

Dean