Boyd Coddington passed

Yup, just read it....about 6:20 am yesterday, havent said why but said hed been hospitalized several times last month for an disclosed reason...RIP Boyd

07D675

I enjoyed the show when it first aired, but got repetative after a while.
He will be missed in the industry!!! :drinkup:

its not nice

i dont wanna dis the guy but he isnt even close to being a legend
lets keep this thread clean please! Lets just think about his family and friends that he has left behind, not if he is a legend or not. If this is gonna cause problems ill have hent close this thread. thanks guys

Anyone who thinks Boyd is not a legend in his field has been under a rock for the last 30 years and has no clue about anything regarding Street rods and Hot Rods. This man did more for the industry than any one will ever give him credit for. For the narrow minded who only know a man by what is depicted on a drama based TV show well after he had made his mark in the American hot rod culture, you just keep telling yourself that he is no legend.

Boyd stepped out of the norm and started building high tech pieces of art back when there was no standard of quality in the industry. Look at the cars from the 70s. If not for people like Boyd, Lil John, Scott Sullivan, Troy Trepanier, Thom Taylor, to name a few the hot rod industry may have came to a dismal end. We can only thank these pioneers who raised the bar and gave the rest of us something to shoot for with regard to quality and design.

While the cars that were built at Boyds are not the type of car I, at this point in my life want to have for my self, I cannot help but marvel at the workmanship, engineering, and attention to detail that the cars built at his shop have.

I am not trying to tell you what to believe in or what is right or wrong. I just think that before you get it in your head weather or not someone deserves the accolades they recieve you should really step back and look at their contribution to their field.

If Boyd had built a mini bike on his TV show you guys would have be lining up to pay your respects!

Have a Good Weekend!

RIP Boyd, and thanks!

I cxompletely agree with Sedanman. Boyd was a master craftsman and built cars that redefine the accepted norm for hot rods. Allthough his masterpieces are way out of my price range, i very much admire the attention to detail and craftmanship that went into his creations. Funny how after all the awards and respect this man was given by his peers and others in the auto industry , how you could even think he wasent a legend. Rip boyd..legend, builder , hotrodder. ....jonnybiker
A