Brake Handle

I am trying to locate a complete brake handle assembly (left side) that will fit 1-inch O.D. handle bars. I have done a bit of searching online at the mini bike parts suppliers and only have find 7/8-inch assemblies.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Laharview Farm

Here's an update.

I found a brake lever assembly on smartkartparts.com that is made for 7/8" bars and claims it will fit 1-inch bars. Has anyboby bought from them?

I get mine from cycle gear for $6.99 complete,then just open them up to 1" or change the end of the bars to 7/8" then every thing cost less and the selection is endless

Thanks to all for the replys.

The one at Azusa states it fits 7/8" bars. I should done a bit of research before building the bars.

The mini I started with included a new throttle for a 1" bar. I assumed that brake lever was also available if the throttle was. Not so. I think i will check out the local motorcycle parts yard and if I have no luck then I will order the assembly from smartkartparts.com.

Best Regards,
Mike
Laharview Farm

are you looking for anything special in one or it fits and works? i think i may have something that would work . ill look in the back shop tomorrow and see if i have any thing that will work on a 1 inch bar .

Harley Davidson has 1" bars. Any place that sells chopper parts should have clutch and brake levers and cables. For a left side lever,you need a clutch lever.

I ordered the one from smartkartparts because it came with all the parts I needed (cable, ends, lever, and clips). After it arrives I will post on how it fits the 1" bar.

Thanks for the offer Metal Man!

Hi All,

Got the handle today. I used a die grinder and opened the radius up to fit the 1" bar(thanks allen1967) and all is good.

I will be using 7/8" material for the next builds!!