Briggs 5HP restored

Here is my 86 5HP. Stripped, self etch primer, filler primer, sanded with 1500 grit/water, and sprayed with Dupont Pitch Black enamel! Decals by Paul are fantastic.

Now I need a frame, forks and wheels! haha

George

buckeye

Wow, that turned out purdy!!
Isn't it crazy what we do to make something that has gas and oil so stinkin pretty.
Paul's decals are perfect and complete the restore!!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Appreciate it a great deal.

I dunno if it shows well in the pic, but I sprayed the air cleaner housing with black wrinkle paint (think HP Mopar engine) and polished all the carb linkage, springs, needle and fitting, and also the screen behind the air housing. The cast iron flywheel is red, and I was hoping it would be more visible as the engine was running, but it's set too far behind the housing for it to be visible.
Thing runs great, however.

I'm torn on how to proceed, and I might start a new thread for advise, but I want to build a "chopper" mini bike for this engine. I can bend conduit for the frame, and I have a welder so I can make one myself, but I'll need tires and wheels. I just don't have a lot of money to spend and it might be more cost effective to buy an inexpensive frame with rolling stock, and modify it instead of building from scratch.
In fact, if I didn't already have the paint and primers on hand, I wouldn't have even restored the engine in the first place as money is real tight right now. I only spent a few bucks for the decals.

There are a couple of rolling frames for sale on the site & eBay, but with the shipping to CT, it kinda puts them out of my price range. Even if I only bought the frame and tires/wheels, I could fab up the front forks myself pretty inexpensively.
I dunno. It sure would give me something to do thats for sure.

Thanks for lookin, and thanks for the compliments. It means a lot coming from you more experienced guys. :scooter:

Pasta

Thanks! Yes, I used to work in a welding shop, and learned that welding galvanized metal causes cianide gas! The galvanic coating has to be removed in acid before welding, or ground off.
Thanks again for the tip!!!

George