Broncco, kinda interesting

markus

I had a Broncco tx-6 and sold it. Kinda wished I never had and always kept my eyes open for another. Well I found another one, its en route to me here in FL!!!!! :thumbsup:

So I have been doing some browsing for literature, parts, etc.. and came across this lawsuit information regarding ESI (engine specialties inc), Argati and Bombardier regarding the Broncco name/bikes. Just something I did not know about, not a super exciting read as its maily legal mumbu jumbo, but It sort of an interesting tidbit of info for a minibike junkie :smile:

I'm guessing that this might mainly pertain the larger Broncco bikes (mini-cycle versions) than the TX series

Heres the link:
Engine Specialties, Inc., et al., Plaintiffs-appellees, v. Bombardier Limited et al., Defendants-appellants - 605 F.2d 1 - Justia US Court of Appeals Cases and Opinions

Hey Markus...Did you just buy that yellow TX-6 on ebay for $350?? If so, it was a good deal...esp. considering what we paid for yours :2guns: Got caught up in the moment! Since then we've bought 3 more combined for what we paid for that one! lol! Anyway, I've seen that link before...it's got some interesting stuff in it. My dad and I know Charlie Pastori personally (owner of ESI) and that lawsuit almost bankrupted him in the 1970's...thankfully he went on to sell many more (non-Broncco) mini bikes and go karts. If you need any info on Broncco's I might be able to help....

markus

Yea thats the one, he just sent me some better pics as he boxed it etc.. It looks to be in about the condition of the one you bought, Chrome looks better, But I'm betting that its not going to look as nice up close. I was really surprised that nobody bid on it, allthough it kinda went under the minibike radar, the only reason I found it was it was in the background pics for that Italjet kit-kat he had.

I tried to win that too, but I kept the bid on the low end of their value and got outbid, oh well. I was prepared to shell out for the Broncco though, I allotted over a grand to my auction sniper for it:eek:hmy:

that TX6 is missing the kickstand, If you get a chance could you maybe snap a close up and maybe a quick measurement of one of yours. I have a couple of kickstands here off other bikes I'll have to cut/weld on to to try and work on it.

Yeah you got a good deal on that bike! I was looking at it, but already have 4 TX-6's now, so I think that's enough...but nice purchase on your part! I'll try to send some kick stand pics when I get a chance. It seems like a lot of them are missing kick stands.

Good Luck with the bike...any plans for it? Just gonna have some fun with it? They are cool bikes...and I'm really surpised there isnt more interest in the Broncco's.

markus

Yeah you got a good deal on that bike! I was looking at it, but already have 4 TX-6's now, so I think that's enough...but nice purchase on your part! I'll try to send some kick stand pics when I get a chance. It seems like a lot of them are missing kick stands.

Good Luck with the bike...any plans for it? Just gonna have some fun with it? They are cool bikes...and I'm really surpised there isnt more interest in the Broncco's.

Well not sure how much it will need to be presentable, its always hard to tell from pics. It will probably need a full blown resto when it comes down to it. Looks like he disassembled without taking everything apart so I'll probalby slap it back together now and leave it for a little bit as is. I have and italjet and an auranthetic apart right now, with most all needed parts either collected or on they way that I need to get together first.

Hopefully it comes out of the box still looking like this when it get here :smile::

All in all the bike looks very good and it was a smoking deal! Nice job! They are awesome little mini's and the craftsmanship on them is second to none. I have yet to see another mini from that era that is as well built and "high tech" as the Broncco's. They are so cool! Have fun and enjoy it!