Build Off Trophies

And more trophies! Jamie, some of you may know him, has offered up these cool dog tags with ball-chain lanyards to the class winners! Maybe we can get him to engrave the class on the back.,..

Now get busy on those builds! Someone is winning and it might be you!
............:thumbsup:

Guess I'll toss mine in the shit can then. Not the first time I've pissed in the wind here. :thumbsup: Tired of looking at it anyway.
Your trophy is cool Dave. Why don't you give it to the bike you liked best and call it Dave's choice award. I'm sure the person that'd get it would be really happy about it coming from you.

Just for future reference, rather than doing a trophy class, why not do a mini bike art class or something if anyone wants to be creative with their parts. This is what happens when you get several people making trophys for the cause. It's nice to have them but gets a bit confusing when the end of the contest comes.

Last edited:
Your trophy is cool Dave. Why don't you give it to the bike you liked best and call it Dave's choice award. I'm sure the person that'd get it would be really happy about it coming from you.

Just for future reference, rather than doing a trophy class, why not do a mini bike art class or something if anyone wants to be creative with their parts. This is what happens when you get several people making trophys for the cause. It's nice to have them but gets a bit confusing when the end of the contest comes.
Thanks for the nice comments. I do agree with your logic. I wasn't emotionally invested in my trophy by any means. Jamie's deal came out way better than anything I could have done, and were a far better solution. Of course we cant ask a particular member to do what he did, year after year.

My bitch was not even getting a notification, or explanation or "thanks for your home made piece of shit, but no thanks." All we got was silence. That wasn't right. Stang, thanks for the PM- returned.

PS: I'm quite certain no one wants this hunk of mini bike "art" I've been shoving around the family room shelf for nearly a year now. Trash day is Tuesday. Cant fit it in there with all the smashed aluminum cans.

Sorry you see it that way Dave.

I didn't get all of the winners addresses until last weekend. And then getting everything sorted with Hent on the gift certificates which is still not done.

Then we have Jamie's trophys, T-Town's trophys, and yours.

There is more to this than you know.

PM returned.

capguncowboy

Dave, you can send me your trophy!

I think a Dave's Pick trophy would be more appealing than the gift certificate to OldMiniBikes, but it's more about bragging rights for me

Sorry you see it that way Dave.

I didn't get all of the winners addresses until last weekend. And then getting everything sorted with Hent on the gift certificates which is still not done.

Then we have Jamie's trophys, T-Town's trophys, and yours.

There is more to this than you know.

PM returned.
I think that we need to remember that running the build off is a volunteer position. It takes a lot of work and organization. Don, I appreciate all the hard work you've done.

Don has honored me by selecting my contribution to go to the winner in the Vintage Class, Mr. Bob Gaudette for his 71 Rupp Black Widow.

Thank you Don, and thank you for offering the shipping charges. I've recently came in to a lot of money (see my for sale posts) so can handle the shipping. :thumbsup:

Bob, please give me some time to put some finishing touches on your well-deserved trophy. Those medallions Jamie did look so professional, I don't want to send you something that is destined for your scrap bin. :laugh:

Are you Kidding? This will be one of my prized possessions.:thumbsup:

Don has honored me by selecting my contribution to go to the winner in the Vintage Class, Mr. Bob Gaudette for his 71 Rupp Black Widow.

Thank you Don, and thank you for offering the shipping charges. I've recently came in to a lot of money (see my for sale posts) so can handle the shipping. :thumbsup:

Bob, please give me some time to put some finishing touches on your well-deserved trophy. Those medallions Jamie did look so professional, I don't want to send you something that is destined for your scrap bin. :laugh:

Jamie1972

There not "that nice"......just a token of hard work...Well done...!

That is awesome and a well deserving restoration! Congratulations!

Are you Kidding? This will be one of my prized possessions.:thumbsup:
Very cool! I know I'm glad you feel that way. Contrary to what Dave says, the trophy is still awesome! Just poking fun Dave but it definitely is cool.

There not "that nice"......just a token of hard work...Well done...!
Don't sell yourself short Jamie! They are very cool and it was even cooler that you took the time to make something such as this for everyone that won. The token is perfect and the way it should be.

I got this very cool little trophy in tha mail this morning....and I could not be anymore happier !

SWEEEEEEEEEET !

Thanks Jamie, Don and Hent !

Special THANKS to everyone that voted for Me and tha Savage SSC !

I HAD A BLAST !!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

T-Town Mini

The other winner's trophies are on their way and should arrive this week.

Jdogg's Bronco Open Class 1st Place win receives the "Twist Grip/Brake" trophy.

Yoop's Alsport MTTW Class 1st Place win receives the "Spiral/Spring" trophy.

Firemarshal71's Step Thru Scratch Built Class 1st Place win receives the "Carb/Piston" trophy.

Congratulations to the all winners and to Don for running the show this year.
Thanks to OldMiniBikes for allowing me to participate in the build off this way.
Enjoy your prizes. :pimp: