building a bike for next year winber..

toomanytoys

Options options.

1969 rupp roadster with 10" mag wheels.

Murray track 2

Or other. I have the track 2 and the roadster but always need an excuse for another bike

Either would get a predator with billet goodies, cam, valve springs and a mikuni carb.

Leaning towards the roadster.

Or finish my 125 ct70 clone....needs some suspension upgrades

toomanytoys

:hammer:nkering with the roadster tonight, I think its going to be the winner. Going to finish up my ct70 clone with dratv forks and better shocks. The clone bike suspension is terrible.

Who says I can only bring 1 bike

markus

. Going to finish up my ct70 clone with dratv forks and better shocks. The clone bike suspension is terrible.
The fronts aren't terrible but man there rears will beat you up even on the street on longer rides keeping up with traffic :doah: what kind you gonna go with, They used to sell some pretty affordable reservoir shocks for those, I doubt they compared to Fox or something like that but they had to be better than the originals!!!! That was one thing on my list of upgrades before someone made me an offer I could not refuse on my '02 Rupp scrambler 90 (CT70 clone)

:hammer:nkering with the roadster tonight, I think its going to be the winner. Going to finish up my ct70 clone with dratv forks and better shocks. The clone bike suspension is terrible.

Who says I can only bring 1 bike
If you did only bring one bike you may the only one. Most people brought several.

toomanytoys

Trail buddy has some super nice reservoir shocks for 83 dollars a pair!

My front forks are week, a small hole bottoms them out...

Trail buddy has a nice set with a disc brake kit for 200 bucks. Seems reasonable.

I want an upgraded exhaust too, and get rid of the stock air box and go with a clamp on filter to my 22mm mikuni.

I have a 125cc 4 up lifan on there. Came with a "performance" cdi, 22mm mikuni and a few other little upgrades. Think I paid 250 bucks for it.

markus

Trail buddy has some super nice reservoir shocks for 83 dollars a pair!

My front forks are week, a small hole bottoms them out...

Trail buddy has a nice set with a disc brake kit for 200 bucks. Seems reasonable.

I want an upgraded exhaust too, and get rid of the stock air box and go with a clamp on filter to my 22mm mikuni.

I have a 125cc 4 up lifan on there. Came with a "performance" cdi, 22mm mikuni and a few other little upgrades. Think I paid 250 bucks for it.

Yea I think that sounds like the shocks I was looking at. sounds like a good build, I bought a Steens Scrambler off a guy up in north Florida earlier this year that did a like a 140cc piped, carbed etc on one, that thing was scary fast!!!!

toomanytoys

Yea I think that sounds like the shocks I was looking at. sounds like a good build, I bought a Steens Scrambler off a guy up in north Florida earlier this year that did a like a 140cc piped, carbed etc on one, that thing was scary fast!!!!
The 125 is pretty scary.

Found an extended swingarm last night. Might look into that as well.

Probably going to sink a ton of money into it, then never ride it.

Rob and I brought 8 bikes to Windber, 7 of which were new builds or restores.

I am afraid to go over to his place to see what is in store for next year.

He has his new Champ licensed and insured already!