Building a new Clone

I am starting with a few minor bolt on parts.....Better air filter and a straight 2 stage header. I am using stock carb. With these two items do you think I will need a bigger jet, if so what size? Also if I was to add the 1.2 Ratio Rocker Arms and 18 pound springs how much more hp would you expect?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah a #90 jet or slightly bigger. But for more power a aftermarket carb will be one of the best bolt on's for extra power. With the rockers, and springs you might get 1hp. The rockers help the motor breath, but it still can't breath good through a stock carb.

Yeah a #90 jet or slightly bigger. But for more power a aftermarket carb will be one of the best bolt on's for extra power. With the rockers, and springs you might get 1hp. The rockers help the motor breath, but it still can't breath good through a stock carb.
That makes sense, that will be my next order.

save your money and buy a new carb . i used a #90 jet and i was not happy with it at all .the mid range was rough it was ok with the throttle wide open but cruising speed the carb seemed to brake up a lot, so i went back to factory jet and it is smooth all through the power band. but thats happened to me, you might be lucky . good luck :scooter:

save your money and buy a new carb . i used a #90 jet and i was not happy with it at all .the mid range was rough it was ok with the throttle wide open but cruising speed the carb seemed to brake up a lot, so i went back to factory jet and it is smooth all through the power band. but thats happened to me, you might be lucky . good luck :scooter:
I already ordered one. I am going to put a new carb on it soon though.

affordablegokarts.com has the carb and manifold for $102 or $106 (depends if you want the pulse fitting). you can also buy the manifold separately from them.

i need to get off my ass and order one soon.

You can modify an animal intake also without much effort and save about 30 bucks if you want. Not as flashy as billet, but cheaper none the less.

You can modify an animal intake also without much effort and save about 30 bucks if you want. Not as flashy as billet, but cheaper none the less.
Not to mention picking up a 22mm knock from a chinese pit bike. I have seen 22mm carbs on pit bike sites for under $30. AGK is making a killing on that adapter and carb.

I say if your going to run a stock carb go for the adjustable jet kit from NR racing. This allows you to richen or lean as you need. It come with a 105 main jet with the kit. If you really wanna look stock get a 17mm bored out stock carb along withthe adjustable jet set up and I have been told this is plenty of air and fuel for a "bolted" motor. In other words stock cam/valves, 1.2's 26pd 8 degrees advance on the timing with a good header and this carb will be plenty.

Last edited:
after looking at the pics of the intake better and checking out my friend's pit bike motor, they probably won't work.

i guess i'll just buy the carb from them and buy the AGK manifold for hahahahaing $40.

after looking at the pics of the intake better and checking out my friend's pit bike motor, they probably won't work.

i guess i'll just buy the carb from them and buy the AGK manifold for hahahahaing $40.
It will work, here is a 26mm, even bigger for $35. The intake from AGK will work, but you can pick up an Animal intake for $10 or less with some minor mods and look at the savings. I'm telling you AGK is making a killing.

Ahp Minis

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my 22 and the animal intake, we had to cut and weld it because of the motor plate angle, but normally you wouldn't have to. Should just be able to enlarge the bolt holes slight match the intake to the head and carb and boom cheapo intake that works good.

affordablegokarts.com has the carb and manifold for $102 or $106 (depends if you want the pulse fitting). you can also buy the manifold separately from them.

i need to get off my ass and order one soon.
Great website. Very informative. I will be frequenting there often.

you didn't post any site. i found one place for $35 but the security certificate for the site expired so you can't order online from them.

i found one on ebay for about $40 with shipping. if you know of a place to get one cheaper let me know.