Built-from-Scratch Minibike 2!!

tank profiles...

well i started designing the tank already. Im going to have a 1/4in gusset at the neck and the gas tank will follow it. I made up 3 tank profiles. The one in the first picture is the one that i like the most and then the other two follow. well let me know what you think :shrug::thumbsup:

ohh and the 4 and 5 pictures are of the design i like the most. The shaded in area would be the 1/4in gusset.

Ratbike

well i started designing the tank already. Im going to have a 1/4in gusset at the neck and the gas tank will follow it. I made up 3 tank profiles. The one in the first picture is the one that i like the most and then the other two follow. well let me know what you think :shrug::thumbsup:

ohh and the 4 and 5 pictures are of the design i like the most. The shaded in area would be the 1/4in gusset.
1,4,5 ....:thumbsup:

Dual tipped exhaust!!

well i keep making it seem like every post will be my last update but this probably is. I had time today after packing for college so i made up my exhaust :hammer:. I figured it was perfect considering the two hole infront of my jackshaft just had to be used for something! So i started out with a racing set of handlebars from a bike. Made a Y out of the two ends and then welded up a flange to bolt to the motor. okay it was a little more involved than that :laugh:. But i got it all tacked up it still looks alittle rough but with a little :grind: and :hammer: it will look great. I think it looks perfect on the bike. Spacing is even. Check out the pics i will have more to come :thumbsup:.

and ohh yeah through out this build ive realized that bicycle handle bars make great handle bars, foot pegs, and exhausts. haha

and also tell me what you think!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

buckeye

You will go a long way young man. My soninlaw is a mech. engineer and is making bank. Also badass wka racer. Builds those too. Great work and hope you are prepared. It's not for wimps.

You will go a long way young man. My soninlaw is a mech. engineer and is making bank. Also badass wka racer. Builds those too. Great work and hope you are prepared. It's not for wimps.

Thank you. I have heard it is hard but its what i want so im going to try to keep my head on straight and stick with it :thumbsup:

Great work, great project.

Have fun as school, stay away from drugs, losers and diseases you can’t spell. There are always good jobs available for good Mechanical Engineers who can use their hands AND their brain!:smile: