Bullfrog Hemi Predator High Compression Piston

fhpe77

Now you guys are just breaking my balls. If I was bent on copying the design I would simply purchase one an measure it. As far as I'm concerned this is a dead issue. I'm sticking with the stock flat top piston and having the head milled. It's cheaper and it should perform better due to better flame travel.

Last edited:

noseoil

Flame travel is the speed the flame moves after the "charge" in the combustion chamber is ignited by the plug to burn the fuel. There are a lot of factors affecting this speed, but it's been a subject for power (efficiency) with mods, head design, combustion chamber shaping & a bunch of other things. Basically, the faster the flame front, the more complete the burn & the more power is extracted from the air-fuel charge.

Here's a link to a good example of how this stuff gets used. Good luck!
tumble and swirl, quench & squish | Grumpys Performance Garage

Last edited:
I built this last year cause at the time nobody was making domed pistons and I had to cut my Wiseco down anyways for the long rod. This thing rips. .110 dome. Stock chamber. No clearance issues with my .330 Cam...

I just don't want to run ally. I don't like the corrosive properties. Gas is more reliable. If I have to I'll run Sunnoco GTX 104 before I run alky. The reason I want to run a dome piston is to get to 11:1 without milling. Because I know nothing about valve train clearances and geometry when it comes to milling a Hemi head
I'm going to run higher compression and stay on gasoline so don't worry about 11:1. Just make a pass on a new plug and kill it WOT. Read the plug for fuel and where the timing mark is.