Bushings for str. shaft

Where can I get str. shaft bushings. I haven't disassembled for an exact meas. yet, but the tube is 1" od, and the bolt is a 7/16''. Thanks.

I'll make you some, but we need to do it quickly. I'm tearing down all the machines to move them to Nebraska.

Can you give me the ID of the steering tube in thousandths of an inch? They work best if they're tap-in snug.

I have some silicon bronze in 1-1/4", so you can have a lip around the top of the OD if you want...

They'll be free...just reimburse me for the mailing if they work the way you want them to...

Last edited:
That's awesome, man! I'm tearing her down tom. to send the frame and fork out for p-coating. I'll measure them then, and let you know. If you have a paypal address I'll send you some $ right away to cover the shipping, mat., and your time. Many thanks, my friend.

I'm not really that concerned about being reimbursed...I forgot the password for my PayPal account anyway...can't get into it now.

I'm really into getting a good deal on minibike stuff since it's my favorite hobby, so if I can offer a good deal to someone else, I'll try to do so.

Several guys have done the same for me also, so really I'm just paying back...

The shipping is usually just a couple bucks anyway.

Hopefully you've got the clearance we need to have the 'lip' on the top of the bushings...it helps hold them in place.

Give me the dimensions as accurately as you can and I'll make a pair...we can make more if we need to, until we end up with exactly what works best.

A buddy gave me several feet of bronze rod, and I've made several bushings out of it so far, but there's still plenty left if anybody else needs some also...

Just let me know...you can e-mail or PM me also...I'm not trying to make money on these, it's just great to see guys getting broken or worn-out minis running again.

yellowhand1961@aol.com

Amen to that last sentiment, brother. I'll have her running better than ever soon, thanks to you (and a few others). I'll send you a pm with particulars. Thanks again.

Standard minibike steering stem bronze bushing on top...yours (bottom bushing) were made longer to increase strength and reduce steering wobble and 'clacking'. The flange is also slightly larger OD for increased stability against the upper and lower fork braces.

Your bushings as they appear when installed in a steering tube. The silicon bronze should have excellent durability and resistance to galling.

I can't wait to see how the powdercoating on your frame came out...that stuff is as tough as iron and they have some really cool colors now.

Those look great! Definately better than what was in there. Yeah, I can't wait until I get it back from the coater. BTW, I'm going with a dark, almost candy purple. I think it will look cool! I will have all the parts waiting on it by the time it gets back. I will post pics as soon as that happens. Thanks again for you help.

Dark purple...that's gonna be awesome...ballsy choice.

Should be there before the weekend...USPS padded envelope...2-3 day service.

Shoot some pics for us! I love photos of resto-mod minis! Gives me ideas to steal!

Last edited:
Yeah, I love wild colors. I haven't been able to pull off choosing purple for any of my larger projects, so I figured I'd run it up the flagpole on the mini!:cool2: This thing is definately going to be different (like it's owner:eek:ut: ), kind of retro meets modern (heavy on the retro). I'll post pics soon, so you can steal away! Thanks again on the bushings, I will bless you the first time I have a tank slapper, and keep it shiny side up!:clap:

I have about 4 more feet of that free bronze rod...anybody else need bushings before I roll my crappy little Chinese lathe up onto the moving truck and head back to Nebraska?

Or we can wait...I have much better machines back home, and I'll be around for awhile...

You can e-mail or PM me if you want to keep it on the down-low...

Last edited: