Buyer Beware

old-timer

Scamming Member
What did you do, pay him before getting the wheels in hand?
You can't do that on CL :doah: However if you paid via Paypal you will have recourse.

Vic

george3

I knew about them items and would not buy from him. He had NO paypall No way of recovering my money. I was thinking a postal MO. How did you pay the crook? I heard he burnt someone else a week ago or so. Was that you? Item were still for sale after payment was sent by another buier is what I gathered.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Unfortunately CL doesn't give a :001_9898: about this type of thing.
If the items are still listed or the seller has other items for sale, flag the listings.

It wont get you money back, but it will sure as hell make you feel good :thumbsup:

Had previous dealings with him and seemed to be legit.. so didn't think twice on the wheels.. Sent money but never heard back from this crook ...
Lesson Learned!! NEVER EVER SEND A STRANGER MONEY!!

Here's a picture of the bike the wheels that he said were for sale..

do you happen to have the original craigslist ad, or did he erase it? i know someone in reno, maybe he can go tap on this guys shoulder :shrug:

:laugh: Not interested in hurting this creep just want other to be aware..
But thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

Old 1950's Viper Cycle minibike parts front end throttle and gas tank
:laugh:, forgot that "tap" can mean a ton of different things (depending on how hard you tap)... but for the record :)smile:) i would never order an act of violence against anyone (especially publicly)... :anon.sml:

with your permission though, tons of members could legally text/email him in an attempt to help collect a debt, give or take the way law can be interpreted... :shrug:

He received the money 2 days ago ?
Yes received the money 2 days ago.
Was suppose to contact me the evening he received the money.
Called the next day no answer my phone number has been blocked and will not return my txt..
I know what your thinking give it a few days maybe he will do the right thing and send the wheels.. :laugh:
I'm not holding my breath on this one..

old-timer

Scamming Member
i had missed this before my last two posts... but i hate when there is good communication between a buyer and seller, and then after money sent/received, it becomes bad! hopefully this guy does the right thing and reestablishes communication...
Agreed, I didn't know it had only been a couple days.

I would say that since he seems to know what he has, he is probably a member. I would sick the hound dogs on him. :detective: Sorry to here about this.:sadcrying4:

markus

There has been screwy stuff going on with that bike/parts for months!! off and on ebay, craigs, etc. :doah: Hope you get it worked out!