Can anyone ID what model bearkat this is

I have very recently Found an old BearKat mini bike. I've looked at all the photo's of BearKats I could and can none that ID this model or about what year it was built. I'm told this bike (minus the extra set of pegs ) is original down to the tires. I think it to be about a 1964 model, but any help with the model and year it was produced would help greatly.

Attachments

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I have one of those, but mine isn't nearly that complete or nice. My best guess based on the engine was late 50s or very early 60s. They were still located in San Diego when that bike was made. I don't think Bearkat had model names before the Twister came along, so I can't help with that.

Thanks capguncowboy, At present I'm not planning on restoring this Bearkat, but check all the gearing, add a new motor and replace the tires. I'm saving all the old parts to rebuild and restore it some time in the future. Right now I'm just wanting it to take to the mountains. I think it is goinng to be a blast for an old man. At 68 I like slow.

capguncowboy

I never did get around to doing the restoration I had intended on doing when I bought mine, but juding by the gearing, I'm sure it's low speed with a truckload of torque

I have very recently Found an old BearKat mini bike. I've looked at all the photo's of BearKats I could and can none that ID this model or about what year it was built. I'm told this bike (minus the extra set of pegs ) is original down to the tires. I think it to be about a 1964 model, but any help with the model and year it was produced would help greatly.[/QUOT

This is not a Bearkat Twister it is a Tote Gote made in Utah.