Can I keep the governor with my Billet internals install?

I have a Powerfist 7hp and I just finished installing the billet flywheel and rod but I am just curious if removing the governor is optional? Like is it possible to rev the motor to say 5600rpm or will it actually restrict the rpm? I don't know if I am explaining this clearly enough but if you guys need a better explanation I could probably word this better

CarPlayLB

If ya got the billet goodies, ditch the governor! Without the governor your only limits are the carb and cam! The governor will restrict you to approx 3600 rpm. get rid of it and let 'er rip!

Alright thanks! I do have a cam already in it rated to about 5800RPM but I will take it out then when I get the bolts to plug holes

Wow that's cool... I just got one of those Princess chonda's. It seams like it defiantly has some balls..

What/whose(where did you buy them from) billet products did you install, and other mods??!

I bought everything that went into my motor from OldMiniBikes warehouse!

I have a genuine Honda 160 and it is wimpy compared to the the Princess Auto 7hp.
The princess auto motor has a CL-1 Cam, Billet rod and flywheel, billet air filter adapter, wiener pipe and header, 10.8LB springs (from NR Racing), and the Autolite Spark plug that I can't remember the part number on

I couldn't find the edit button???

I forgot to also ask what motor family would the these princess 7hp's fall into, 212's or gx200's for the crank flywheel taper?

The governor gear is plastic and will burst at high rpm

The 7HP PA 208 clone is identical to a regular except for two important points.
It has a 70mm bore like the 212, but the gudgeon pin is about .011 larger than the Honda or Loncin 212 ( hemi and non hemi have a standard gudgeon pin.

This means any engine you try and build from it will require a new piston ( there is no billet rod made for the 208 and there are others out there with the same issue ).

The other point of interest on the 208 from PA is the factory 27 and 25mm valves in the head

Last edited: